Friday, January 1, 2021

Sky, Surf, and Turf

In 2020, I cooked a LOT more, and cooked good! Especially when Adam had to have a salt-free diet for his recovery. (He's still supposed to eat salt-free, but it's not as severe now.) Something new I learned how to make was "Sky, surf, and turf", a dish I thought was tasty when Tric and I had gone out to eat at my diabetes education class. It's made with chicken, shrimp, steak, queso, and spices. It's sooooo good! It was originally a dip, but I had eaten it as a soup and so I modified the recipe when I got home to add potatoes to it as well. We have it at least once a month, and that's our first dinner that we've had for this New Year's day!


It's really easy to make, if you're interested. This recipe feeds 7 lol:

1 pack of steak, cubed
1 pack of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 pack of cooked shrimp, tails off
1 jar of queso dip
1 stick of queso
1 bag of shredded parmesan cheese

The herbs are added to taste, depending on how salty or hot you like your spices. I usually add just a dash of each:
salt
pepper
onion powder
ground red pepper
smoked paprika
cumin
chili powder

Cook the steak, chicken, and potatoes with the herbs. Add the shrimp and all the cheeses, including the queso dip. Once the cheese is melted and everything is hot, it's time to serve! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment