Wednesday, March 20, 2019

We're Giving Up Caffeine

So because of what happened with Tahnee's passing, it really shook me up. Apparently what had caused her death was a blood clot that traveled to her lungs, which caused her to go limp and stop breathing. The blood clot was most likely formed due to sitting at the computer all the time. She had a job working on her computer, and then when she was off work, we would play online all the time and talk to each other on the computer.

And this scares the hell out of me because I'm always at the computer as well. I work and play at the computer too, so we're not really that different. In fact, I think I was sitting and using the computer more than she was, because when she would go to bed, I would still be up a few more hours. It has only been the past couple of months that I haven't been on as much because I wanted to spend more time with Tricity, so I wasn't getting on after work.

So I'm shook, right? Every time I sit down at my computer and do my job, I now wonder if it's like a ticking time bomb. It scares the hell out of me, but this is pretty much the only job I can do at the moment. I can't drive, I can't stand for too long, that rules out a lot of normal jobs, so working from home is what I am able to do to help provide for the family.

I looked up what causes blood clots, and most of the stuff was easy to rule out. I quit drinking, I don't smoke, I've been taking a small dose of "Bayer" at night to help thin my blood. I'm not using the computer as much, and one of the biggest changes was giving up caffeine. I'm a big soda drinker and recently started drinking coffee, so now I'm cutting those out and drinking water. We all are. Me, Tricity, and Adam are giving up caffeine and the only time we'll have soda is if we're going out to eat. But no more soda in the house!

So after we got back home from the memorial service, we went straight to the store and bought some water bottles. Adam already had one. He actually gave up soda some time ago because he was getting really bad kidney stones. Tricity got a bottle, and I actually got two. I have one to keep by the bed because my mouth gets so dry at night sometimes, and then I have one for work, which stays in the freezer because it has gel in the sides of the bottle that keep it cold for a while.

This one is my favorite though. This is the one I keep by the bed, and it works amazingly well! I can put ice water in it around 9:00 at night, and after I drink all of the water, the ice will still be in it the next night. It's insulated, so it doesn't feel very cold on the outside, but the inside stays nice and icy cold. I want to get one more to replace the gel bottle that doesn't work as well as you would have thought... And this one is way more beautiful, too!


I want us to eventually try to cut out sugar, salt, and white flour too. I've heard several times throughout the years that if it's white, not to use it (unless it's like an onion or something lol) And I also want us to do more activities. A good walk in the evening after dinner would be nice to do, like if the three of us took the dog for a walk together or something. Or going swimming more. I always love swimming.

And I want to cook whatever I want to cook, whether they eat it or not, because what I want to cook is with fresh vegetables and they aren't really vegetable eaters. But hopefully I'll make it delicious enough where I can change their minds and they will want to eat healthier too? *crosses fingers*

But for now, switching to water is a huge step in itself, so we're going to try and take it one step at a time. I just know that her passing really hit home for me, and I'm not ready to go yet. And I don't want anything to happen to my family either, so something HAS to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment