Sunday, January 23, 2011

Reduce, Recycle, Reuse!

Well our family has started making the change to going green already, as per my New Year's resolution. I've been setting aside cardboard, paper, tin cans, plastic bottles, milk jugs, and we've been doing our cans for years, already. Pretty soon, I'll even have oil ready to bottle up and take off. Yes, our recycling center said they will take vegetable oil, as long as it doesn't have bits of stuff in it. I've called the local recycling center to find out exactly what they take :-D

As for the milk jugs, I'm currently saving those, and the giant tubs of cottage cheese we get, AND the huge coffee containers, all for planting vegetables in my container garden that me and Tricity will plant this year. With some of the tin cans I've been saving, I'm going to use them for things like art supplies, kitchen utensils, and even an herb garden!

When I get done using my glass jars of pasta sauce, I'm actually going to be reusing them for growing sprouts, which I learned are super healthy, even better than vegetables. Adam doesn't exactly like vegetables or sprouts, but maybe I can get my daughter to eat them with me. That's one of the main focuses of going green and being more healthy. Not only is it good for the environment and all that jazz, but I also want to install good morals and good healthy habits in her, as well. I've always LOVED vegetables and fruits, so the fact that they are healthier for you is like icing on the cake, only healthy! lol

Anyway, with that being said, there's a lot to do, so I'll wrap up this entry. Be well. Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment