Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Signs of Spring

Arrgh! I hate when I lose track of things and forget to post. Too bad I don't have this little popup thing that says "Did you post a blog entry today?" But then like most things that become repetitive, I'd probably just click on the "X" and decide to do it later, but then forget...

Anyway, here are the sure signs that spring has arrived...

1. Kids start trying to play on my daughter's swingset, and I have to yell like a raving maniac for them to GET OFF!
2. Ants invade the house.
3. Adam and I fight over turning on the air conditioner because I can't sleep while I'm sweating, and he is cheap. lol (Love you, dear!)

I swear, this year I am making a "KEEP OFF" sign for those brats. I never did like kids. Just my own flesh and blood. I love my own family, but when it comes to strangers (especially neighbors) kids, then they make my skin crawl. I'm a pretty awesome mom, but I never was a good babysitter. I'm just biased like that. lol

I'm glad we had a little rain-shower today, because I planted some stuff yesterday. I started the vegetable seeds in the "jiffy" starter kit thingy, with the little dirt pellets that swell up when you add water. Then you just pop the seeds in and transplant them after they start growing... For this year's "container garden", I'm going to try and grow some corn, peas, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, carrots, green peppers, and I believe that's it... They may not grow, or may not have enough room, but it never hurts to try, right?

Then I went outside to plant two strawberry plants, a sunflower in a bucket all it's own for Tricity to take care of, and I planted the flower seeds. This year, I'm focused on my flowers being of an edible variety. There's a few flowers that you can't eat because they were in the mix I bought, but I got some extra packs of things like pansies, bachelor's buttons, things like that... That's another experiment I'm trying this year.

We had a busy weekend. We also did a lot of cleaning in the house (spring cleaning, I guess you could call it), had to go to the laundromat to do a few loads of laundry, we washed out the ferret cage and gave Phantom a bath, and much, much, more. Oh, that's right... Because of my lack of blog entries, I don't believe I've told you about our family pets! About a month ago, we got two pygmy hamsters, a white one and and Tric named Angel, and a gray one Adam named Darkskull, we got 25 fish (down to 23 now, plus an algae eater), and a cute little furball of a ferret named Phantom. He's so flippin' cute! All he does is lick us. lol

I also made almond butter. I tried to follow a recipe I learned off of Biggest Loser, but it just didn't taste right to me. It was just almonds, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. It just lacked flavor... so I added a spoon of peanut butter to give it some taste, and then I added some agave to sweeten it. Anyway, it tastes great now, and I'm currently eating it with celery! lol

I hope to post more... I know I say that a lot, and I am THE worst person to do blogs and stuff, because I go on stints where I post a lot, but then I go so long without an update... Maybe with the nicer weather, there will be more to write about, and I'll feel the itch to get it all typed out before I get overwhelmed... Hope you've been well! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment