Tuesday, June 29, 2021

After-Surgery Questions for Bariatric Surgery

I know it's been almost a week since I've been home from surgery, but I have some questions that I JUST NOW thought of! You know how paranoid I can get when I think too much... Or maybe you don't, but that's what happened! I thought a lot about everything I'm going through, and NOW I have some questions... Mostly about the staples:


1.Has anyone else found it harder to breathe after surgery? I feel like if I talk too much, I get winded and have to stop to catch my breath. I've been using the "incentive spirometer" hospital gave me for breathing, but it's still hard.

2. Another thing I wonder - I know the staples are small, but is titanium a bit weighted? Because I feel like when I lay back, there's so much pressure in my stomach area, and I was wondering if it's because of the weight of the staples???


3. Another question about the staples - does that mean when I get overheated, the staples stay at a warmer temp and are slower to cool down because they are metal?


4. Another staple question - If I move and twist around too much, will that cause the staples to rub against any of my other body parts or organs and scratch them up? Sorry if some of these questions are graphic, but I overthink a lot and they are things I genuinely worry about.


I had asked these on the weightloss group I'm in, but no one was able to answer anything... but if you could help by leaving an answer in the comments, I would greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment