Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Letter From School

We got a letter in the mail the other day. It's Tricity's first letter from school! (Oh joy... lol) She will be starting kindergarten this year (sniffTEARSsniff!) so the letter was just her new teacher writing to us, introducing herself. She also made sure to include a school supply list and an information letter about the bus schedule, just to tell us that she doesn't really know ANYTHING about the bus schedule... but she included the number to call, so that I can find out the who/what/when/where/why/hows about Tricity riding the bus to and from school.

Personally, if I had MY way, she wouldn't even take the bus. Horrible memories come flooding back to me when I remember riding the bus as a kid.... Being punched in the stomach so hard I couldn't breathe, mean seniors acting like they owned the bus, kids with bad attitudes pulling out my hair, getting an accidental black eye, mean bus drivers, the deafening noise... But anyway, if I had my way, I'd just take her to school and pick her up myself. I guess that's what I get, though, for never getting my license, and we wouldn't have an extra vehicle for it, anyway... I'm just so nervous for her, because I want the best for her. Not what I had... I'm not saying my childhood was bad, but I just don't want her to have to deal with the same crap. It's my natural instinct to want the best for her, and want to protect her from this twisted, warped world we live in...

At least I get to be there on her first day of school. I'm going to bawl like a baby! I'm not ready for this! I want my best little buddy at home with ME! I want to home school her so bad, but I also want her to be able to have that social interaction, too, and I know that's the one thing I can't give her... I can teach her everything in the world, but I can't give her that. I want her to have FRIENDS! Not just the kids of OUR friends. I mean real friends. I'm willing to give the school a chance. However, if she's miserable, or if they mistreat her, you can bet your butt I'll be homeschooling her. If you can't already tell, I'm not really a fan of public schools. They already pissed me off enough at registration... Yeah, it has it's ups, but these days? There are mostly downs... My own niece got in big trouble at school for talking in the bathroom. Seriously? Talking in the bathroom? That's what counts as being punishable these days?

Anyway, we've been getting her new school clothes here and there, slowly building up our supply. We even got her a Monster High shirt! She was so excited. And a Monster High backpack! We're talking about one thrilled little girl! lol And of course the basics, like panties and socks... Now we just have to get school supplies. By the looks of this list, we are in for an expensive shopping trip...

To sum it up, I think I can honestly say - this year is going to change everything... Nothing will ever be the same after this. When she starts school, life is really going to get crazy. I want to be there for her every step of the way. Field trips, teacher meetings, sleepovers, sports, clubs and organizations, concerts and shows, school dances, everything... EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment