Saturday, June 16, 2012

Homemade Dairy Product Ideas

Whew! Sometimes I just have these "knowledge explosions" where I'll learn a bunch of stuff in the span of a few days, and I'm like - OMG! I HAVE TO DO ALL OF THIS! So once I finally get moved over to my mom's house (because right now I've just been soooo busy packing up the whole place, since my husband won't help, as his theory is - I pack, he moves), I'll probably experiment with making some of this stuff. What did I learn to make?

1. Yogurt
2. Cottage Cheese
3. Cream Cheese
4. Sour Cream

I had already learned how to make homemade butter and mozzarella. Of course I failed miserably at the mozzarella, but I think it was an issue of the kind of milk I was using. I don't know... I'll have to try it again some time when I can afford to buy a gallon of milk and waste it... Anyway, my butter was a success, and I didn't know how easy it was to make all of this other stuff, basically doing things all the same way. Cream cheese ties in with yogurt, cottage cheese ties in with mozzarella, and sour cream ties in with the butter. Wouldn't it be so awesome if I could make these successfully??? I'm definitely going to tape my experiments and then post whether they were a fail or a success.

What would be even BETTER is if I could find someplace to get raw milk to make all of this with... but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon, and I also highly doubt I'll ever get to own my own home and have dairy cows to make the milk for me... Things just never go the way I want them too... One can dream, though ;-)

That's pretty much it for this post. I've also learned a quick and easy way to make smoothies, and infused oils, but I'll get around to those when I make videos about them as well. So much I want to do, so little time...

*hugs and love!*

No comments:

Post a Comment