Saturday, March 16, 2002

I Got Checked Out!



A while back, I had asked this lady at the music store if she could order the Rent musical CD for me, so I went to go check and see if it was in yet. I was sooooo badly wanting to get today when I went to the music store. It will cost me around $40. I only had $25 in my pocket, so I told the woman that I would get it next weekend when I got paid. She said all was cool, and so I bought something else for the time being.

I bought Adema's CD. I guess it's called... er... *takes it out to examine it* Adema? *tilts head to the side and puts it back in, playing numbers 3 and 5*

I also got the soundtrack for Pocahontas. It was used and slightly scratched, but there's the song on there by Grandmother Willow that I love called Listen With Your Heart.

Sooo.... I was looking for a CD to buy, seeing what I could afford and what I couldn't. This was before I decided to get the Pocahontas soundtrack. I bypassed a few strangers whom were standing in my way, not really paying attention to them, right? Mom told me to hurry up, so I picked out my 2 CD's and went up to the register. Then the chick behind the counter asks me - "Yeah, you know those two guys who just left?" I nodded slightly, so that I may hear what she wanted to say. She goes on... "Well, they were asking 'Hey, do you know that red-head back there? You know, she's kinda cute'"

My eyes went wide. There, in the store, some guys were checking me out? That isn't very common, you know... Usually in public, I had always thought that I came off to be a sort of "Ice Queen" to strangers... Apparently something has changed...

Anyway, she told me that she told them she thought I was too young. Apparently, she thought I was 15! *snickers* I told her my real age, and she was shocked. But that's the way most women in our family are, though. We don't really age. I felt flattered twice! First - the fact that I don't have to do anything to have guys check me out, and because I look nearly 5 years younger than what I am! lol

Not that I care for guys checking me out... This is where I'm supposed to say that there's more to a girl than her looks. She's got a brain, she's got feelings... But let's be real - for not happening that often, that was quite a nice surprise! It makes me wonder just how often it happens without me knowing about it. How many people have said that about me and no one has ever spoken up? If only more people would speak their minds...

So, now, I am listening to Adema and Pocahontas, and wishing I had $40 right now, so I could go back and get Rent now that I know it came in, and maybe impress another guy or two. LOL! Life can throw you for a loop some times.

current mood: embarrassed
current music: The Way You Like It - Adema

No comments:

Post a Comment