Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Song Review - What You Never Know

This one is by Sarah Brightman and it's called What You Never Know:

Here are the lyrics:
What you never know won't hurt you.
What you never know won't lie.
What you never know won't desert you.
What you never know won't say goodbye.

What you never know won't hurt you.
What you never know won't lie.
What you never know won't desert you.
What you never know won't make you cry.

What you never know.
What you never, never, never...
What you never know.

What you never know won't hurt you.
What you never know won't lie.
What you never know won't desert you.
What you never know unless you try.

What you never know won't hurt you.

My Review:
I guess this one just really touched me and I really got attached to it, because as with anything we feel really attached to, we can relate on some level. Sometimes I think if I just push it all away, push away the people, the situations, the feelings, the interactions, all of it, that it won't get to me. I won't get too attached, and I won't get hurt when it all goes downhill. The highs are always good, but the downs are a killer. Sometimes I think it's easier just to let it be and just keep on living my life on a steady line, not daring to interact with people, not daring to veer off the road for a moment, for fear of getting hurt. Then there won't be hurt, I won't be lied to, I won't be deserted...

But the last line in the last verse says it all, doesn't it? What you never know unless you try. Maybe getting too attached won't hurt. Maybe, by some tiny thread in the universe, I'll finally have a link to something in this world that I'll never have to let go of, or have it taken from me. Maybe, if I try, I can at least for one time find that special everlasting bond, if there even is one. That one special somebody. That one special moment. That one special life-changing event that makes a person feel like their whole life really was worth something, after all.

I know, I know... I'm still young and foolish, and it's too soon to judge the quality of my life, but sometimes, I feel like it's over before it even began. I'm as happy as I could be, really. I have everything I've always wanted and more, much to my surprise. Maybe it's just all in my head, or some brain imbalance, or maybe I really am messed up in the head. It was always a joke when I acted crazy before, but you never know, right? Not if it's yourself who is affected.

I guess the point of this is... I'm happy this way. I'm glad there's not bad situations in my life. But I still don't have that one thing that keeps me from ever feeling down. In my heart, I have many spaces. Spaces for my friends, my family (they take up big chunks), my passions of the arts (many of those), but yet in the core, there's still a deep, dark pit. A cold core. Something is missing, and I just can't tell, and that bothers me. Usually I can pinpoint the problem, but there shouldn't be anything that makes me sad anymore.

What is this? I'm starting to see that the saying 'money can't buy you happiness' can be very true. I always said 'yeah right' to that, because I thought if I had everything I wanted, I couldn't be happier in my own little world of toys, gadgets, pretty, soft, shiny things, etc, etc, etc. But I'm still not happy. I guess I just need something to grab me by the shoulders, give me a hard shake, and show me what true happiness is. But there's not something that can do that, is there? Or we would all know true happiness. What is missing? Why do I feel so depressed all the time? I love my job! I love my family! I love my friends! Give me a break, already!!!

Well, crap... This turned into a rant-and-rave post, and I didn't mean it too. I just wanted to tell everyone a song they should buy or download at least. I guess that's my meditation reflection for the day? It's just all pouring out now. lol

~ Candice ~

No comments:

Post a Comment