Wednesday, June 4, 2003

Work Friends Aren't Exactly Friend Friends

You win some, you lose some, right? Who needs close friends, anyway? *looks around dejectedly* ...Right???... I'm just saying because I might have lost my new best friend today. She was the new second shift girl at our work for about a month, and she and the boss lady just did NOT get along with each other.

Well, I went to work last night, and Jessica (the 2nd shift/friend girl) said that she and the boss lady got into a fight yesterday, and she made her cry. Well, the boss lady is a good friend of mine. I don't kiss ass, really. I just think she's pretty cool and we get along great.

Well, this morning, I said "And I want to give you a hug. I heard about what happened last night."
To which she seemed confused and asked "What? What happened?"
So I explained, "Jessica said she made you cry."
Boss Lady: Oh, really?! *fumes*
Me: Uh... Yeah... *thinks to self - Uh-oh! Oh, damn!*

So then I told her about the jobs that Jessica is supposed to do for me for set-up and prep, since I have to do them for first shift, and they do them for her shift, and everything came out all at once. I'm so VERY tired of having to work two shifts in one just to cover for her. Yes, I think she's a great friend, but I can't be over-working myself, or I might get sick all over again, and I don't want any more scars. (That's what the shingles blisters left behind. *sniffle*)

So... I don't know what happened in between now and then, but either she got fired, or she quit, because they want me to come in early and work tonight, but I've had no sleep yet. So if Jessica gets mad at me, then I expect it. It will show that she's immature enough not to understand that there IS a difference between social relationships and working relationships. If she's a true friend, she'll still be my friend socially, just as before, when we went to go get our eyebrows waxed together. If not, though? Oh well. There's nothing I can do to change it, and I'm not expecting anything out of it except for her to be angry at me. I just had to save my own ass. I can NOT afford to lose this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment