Monday, March 3, 2014

Dream: My Mom's Teeth and Selling Gas at Subway with 4-H

In last night/this morning's dream, it started off with me getting my teeth pulled. For some horrible reason, I got all of my top teeth pulled out! And my mom did, too. She told me about when she had it done, and she said she was still waiting for her teeth to grow back in, as if people grew a third set of teeth. I said, "I hope so, because this feels weird!" She said she just didn't know why hers were taking so long, and that she thought she had a piece of tooth still in the way. I felt around my gums and they seemed really swollen and stiff, like something might be under them. I massaged my gums around, and kept messing with the hard spot, until something wiggled out. I said, "Well mom, here's your tooth!", and handed it to her. It was one of those dream logic things... She called it her snaggle-tooth. Then, before I knew it, both of our teeth had grown back! I was hoping my new teeth would be more straight, but they looked a little more spaced-out and crooked. I would need to get braces... That was all of that dream.

Then I had another dream, in which I was with a 4-H group, and for some reason, we were selling gas at Subway for my old boss Alex. Well, he looked like Alex, but in my dream, he acted like Rocky. Anyway, you would have to know them both to know what the difference is...  And the building that was Subway isn't even what the building is in real life. In real life, the building is a gas station with an ice scream shoppe. In my dream, though, this is how things were.

Alex was selling gas for ninety-nine cents a gallon! I knew it was an AMAZING deal, but I told him, "With selling it so cheap, I don't know how you're going to make a profit. You're selling it for less than it's worth!" And he said he knew what he was doing. I didn't argue. After all, we were just there to help him sell it, and to serve customers. While we were setting things up, I saw Subway was about to open. I could tell because all of the employees were standing in rows, doing their "employee warm-up", which consisted of jazz hands, and doing a little song and dance. I laughed, and pointed it out to some other people in our group so they could watch.

It was opening time, and people were rolling in. Instantly, the parking lot was full! Now we were worried that we didn't have enough people working to help serve all of the customers! Sure, business was great, but I was still worried about Alex selling it all for less than it cost him to get it. I still wasn't going to argue, though. Maybe he had a secret I didn't know about, as to why he could get the gas so cheap? I just supported him anyway, and when it looked like he was coming over to me to tell me that he was right and I was wrong, I just gave him a thumbs up, and was going to tell him before he could tell me, but then some customer sidetracked him about wanting to fill up their gas cans.

After a while, he called us into a group huddle, and said he was going to need more gas, and that we needed to go and get it. Apparently, he was getting it from a cave, and that's how he was getting it so cheap. He was getting it for FREE! We put on some cave spelunking gear, and walked out toward the highway. After turning the corner of the parking lot, there was the cave.

We started climbing down, when I thought - I need to tell my brother about this great deal on gas! I tried to scratch the message into a stone so I could take a picture with my phone and send it to him. I don't know WHY I didn't just text him. Another dream logic thing, I suppose? So while I was scratching the message into a stone using another sharp and pointy stone, one of the girls in the group starts singing a Phantom of the Opera song. Everyone seemed interested in her, and thought she was awesome. She wasn't THAT awesome, I thought to myself, and I knew I could sing better. I started singing with her in a duet, but I was sick and my voice was a little raspy, so we sounded almost exactly alike. The guys thought that I was awesome, too. They wanted me to keep singing, but the more I sang, the more my voice was giving out. I told them I had to send off the message to my brother, anyway.

Just as soon as I pressed "send", I got a mystery call on my phone. For some reason, the caller ID said "MySpace" on it. I answered it, and some guy asked, "Hello?", and I said, "Yes?". He said he was at Subway, and he saw my picture in the bathroom from MySpace, and my phone number was on there. He wanted to call and asked if I wanted to maybe hook up some time, and that he thought I was pretty. I blushed, and told him I was very flattered. I would have continued to talk, but now my brother was calling, and I needed to answer the other line. I told the mystery guy that I needed to go, and asked if he could text me his contact info, and when I hung up and answered my brother's call, that's when I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment