Sunday, April 21, 2019

I'm So Excited, I Wet My Plants!

Spring is definitely here now. The weather has been between the 60's and 70's and it almost even reached 80 degrees at some point. That's Fahrenheit of course, as I know the rest of the world uses Celsius.

Anyway, whenever Adam goes to the store, I usually ask him to bring me back home a surprise. Sometimes he brings candy, sometimes it's stuffed animals, and sometimes it's plants. He got me a cactus not too long ago (I've never had a cactus before!) and here recently, he has gotten me some kind of flowering succulent, I think it is? I'm not sure what it is, but it's cute, and I'm happy to have it.

I recently also purchased a couple of grow lights from Wish. These are LED lights in blue and red, which are said to be the colors that plants love to absorb to help them grow. So what I did was rig up one of the lights on my desk, I repotted my plants, and have them sitting under the grow light now.


As you can see, I also tried to take some cactus cuttings (they were actually broken off when Adam accidentally knocked it over one time, and again from when I accidentally knocked it over as well) and I planted them. I hope they'll grow! I really don't know how cactus plants work, and I have a brown-thumb when it comes to gardening, but I'm hopeful  :-p  Wish me luck! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment