Sunday, February 9, 2003

I'm An Aunt!

(Note: This is a previous journal entry made a long time ago, when I used to use DeadJournal as my main social journal writing place.)
Saturday, February 8th, 2003

My brother had a baby yesterday! Well not HIM exactly, but he and his girlfriend did. If HE had the baby, we would be rich! lol We traveled back to my hometown of Perryville for the birth of my niece, Jolie Nicole Simmons. I'm an Aunt! This is SO exciting! And it was so cold! And there was no heat in the van! But it was an amazing experience, and she is SUCH a beautiful girl!

The plan was for her to be delivered normally, but after pushing for about an hour, she was stuck, and just couldn't come through the birth canal, so Jeanne had to have a cesarean section. We weren't in the delivery room, of course. Here's a picture of my mom and my bother Tommy, and one of my brother's friends. My brother is ALWAYS acting silly! lol (Just click to enlarge.)


Jeanne's brother Damien also showed up with his girlfriend Samantha, who is also one of my bestest friends.


Anyway, once Jolie was finally born, they sent us to another room so they could bring in the baby while they took care of Jeanne. My brother came in, shaking like a leaf, his voice trembling, and said "Grandma, say hello to your grandson." We were all SHOCKED! And to our surprise, he said "Just kidding, it's a girl!" Like I said, he is ALWAYS acting silly  :-D  He was even able to joke at a time like that  :-)

When Jeanne was fixed up, I checked in on her and snapped a quick pick of her sleeping, but strangely enough, she sleeps with her eyes open! lol


After we got to see Jolie, they took her to the baby area to do all of the standard newborn stuff... I got more pictures there of my brother with her. He's such a proud daddy!



It was hard to get any decent pictures because one, my camera is low quality, and two, I was having to take pictures behind the glass window. Only he was allowed into the actual room. But here's the first picture I got of my beautiful niece! If her eyes look goopy, it's because of the stuff they put in babys' eyes after they are born. The only sad thing is that because she was in the birth canal for so long, she was born with a sort of "cone head", but the doctors say that in a month or so, it should shape back to normal, and she'll have a regular round head again :-)

Finally, Jeanne woke up and they took the baby into the room, and we got to visit with the new momma.


I was able to get a few more pictures of Jolie up close and personal. Isn't she such an angel?



Jeanne's bestest friend Rachel was there, too. I'm not very fond of Rachel, but I got a picture for them to have of her holding Jolie anyway... I'm just sad that I didn't think to get one of my mom, my brother, of me, or even Jeanne holding her!


They have the nursery all set up, too! I got pictures of it while I was at the house. Their theme is Peter Rabbit  :-D  (Not my theme of choice but it IS pretty cute!)



Current Mood:  jubilant
Current Music: Gollum's Song from the Lord of the Rings TTT Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment