Saturday, February 15, 2003

Someone Was Shot Next Door

I haven't written in forever! Well, technically, it's been shorter than forever, but still... Quite a long time, I must say... The reason why is simple, really. Life takes over, you know? I'm still quite thrilled about my new baby niece! But when good things happen, bad things often happen as well...

Just last night, there was a shooting in the apartment right next to me. I was lucky I wasn't in my room that late at night, because the room it happened in was just a wall across from mine, my bed right up against it. All I heard was what sounded like a slamming up against the wall, obviously from the shot, I imagine. Then a lot of footsteps hurtled down the stairs. What got my attention was outside when I kept hearing a kid saying "oh my god" so I cracked open the window to listen. They mentioned something about getting shot and suicide. Anyway, the police came soon after and it was confirmed that it was a self-inflicted wound made by a shotgun.

I was irritated at the time, though, because I had to be bothered by writing a police report about what I heard. I was in the middle of doing a RP post, and by the time I got back on, my online friend Steph had left. Now that I look back on it, though, we're lucky the bullet didn't come through the wall or anything!

Anyway, the only other thing I know about it is that it wasn't one of the morons who actually live in the apartment next to us. It was one of the other teenagers that hang around their place, apparently. If you can't tell, I'm not very fond of the neighbors anyway. I don't like to use the term "white trash", but I'm just saying... You know? They're very loud, obnoxious, and have no respect for their neighbors. I'll just leave it at that.

Current Mood:  irate
Current Music: Gollum's Song from the Lord of the Rings TTT Soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment