Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FED UP with USPS! - Rant

I'm having such mail trouble!!!  Yes, mail trouble and not male trouble lol I have some ranting and raving to do about our postal service.

I know it's not just me that they pick on, because other people in my town have told me that they have the same problems with the mail carrier... As I have stated before, we live in a trailer, and thus, live in a trailer park community (which I am dying to get out of, as soon as we can find a suitable house for rent!). We WERE getting our mail up front where all the mailboxes are kept, but of course, people kept getting into it. When you have a lot of unlocked mailboxes next to each other, it's easy for thieves to make a quick raid...

Now... I'm not sure if it was an actual resident living in one of the other homes here, or if it was the mailman/mailwoman... I DO know that SOMEONE has been messing around with it, though, because a whole week straight after Christmas, we didn't get ANY mail at all, and that is not usual for us. We usually get something, even if it's junk, or magazines, or bills- whatever. Then... this is the kicker: I get a phone call from the electric company telling me that our bill has been returned to them, with a note saying that we've moved. They wanted us to come in and verify that we still lived at this address. So see? I KNOW someone has messed with our mail.

After we finally had proof of it, we decided to get a PO Box instead. But now, if I have to have packages delivered, it's a catastrophe! I ordered my daughter some Monster High socks and a Monster High fedora hat from ToysRUs, and I had to put my home address because they said my PO Box was not a valid shipping address... So I put the home address, and it didn't take long for the hat to come in. It was just the hat, though. No socks... So I waited, and waited, and waited... No package. I thought - surely they would send it to my home address, if they wouldn't accept my PO Box. Surely they would send it, because the hat came in, you know? What's taking so long???

Finally, I get an email from them telling me that they have refunded my money for my returned item. I wrote them an email asking "WHAT return? I never returned my item! I never even RECEIVED my item!" to which they replied that my address was marked as undeliverable, and that they couldn't send my item back. What the heck?!?! They sent me the hat, but they wouldn't send the socks? I'm STILL furious, and I KNOW that it was because of my mailman! It was a man who delivered the hat... but he wouldn't give me the socks? What the heck was up with that?

So here I am, without my daughter's Monster High socks... and severely angry and disappointed... I thought getting a PO Box would fix things, but apparently not. And you know what REALLY gets me? The post man STILL puts stuff in our box at the front of the trailer park. I got a package today of some nail polish that I ordered. Really? You'll give me the nail polish, but you won't give me something that mattered more? My child needs socks more than I need nail polish, dude. I am seriously disappointed in the USPS, and they wonder why they're losing business? How would they feel if this was happening to them? I bet THEIR mail doesn't get tampered with. I'm so mad...

No comments:

Post a Comment