Thursday, September 14, 2017

What's the Day Without a Little Night?

So this morning I was looking around on YouTube and I came across this video. I was like - what? Logic with glasses? I had never seen him like that before, not having really been a fan, but I had seen him in Suicide Squad's Sucker For Pain video, so I knew who he was. I decided to watch...



I didn't know what to expect at first. I was like - what the heck? WHY are we glorifying a song about wanting to die??? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? I thought maybe Logic was just another rapper talking about the hard life and the bad things. Figures, I thought. Look at the people in the crowd. Look at how they're just going along with this. We truly have become a nation of clowns, if they're so willing to accept this as normal.

But as the song progressed, I realized what the message was, and it touched a nerve. I sat there in tears! It wasn't what I thought it was, and in that moment, I felt so much deep respect for Logic. He gained another fan today ♥

Then I went to check out the official video, and you can find it here.

 

The lyrics that really stand out to me the most are the ones that say "What's the day without a little night?" because it's true. EVERYTHING in life is hard. There is ALWAYS going to be a struggle. Life is a roller coaster. It has it's ups and downs. But you can only go so far up before you have to come down. You can only have so much happiness before you eventually have to face a few bad situations.

But you know what? It's the same the other way, as well. You can only go so far down before things HAVE to get better. It may seem like it takes forever, but sometimes a rock has to be pounded by weather to become a gem. Yin and Yang exists for a reason. Good will always be tainted with a little bad, just as in bad there is always some good.

This is why I say only YOU can make yourself happy. Only you can create your own happiness. The world is seen how you perceive it. You can find the good in life, you just have to look for it. Don't rely on others to make you happy, because they're dealing with their own problems. Good things don't just happen to people. You get back what you put out there. You have to do your part to help MAKE them happen.

I was made fun of once for putting too many inspirational quotes on my Twitter by people who used to be my friends, trying to bring me down and make me feel like crap about myself. During an argument, they told me I was one of those people who create their own thunderstorms and then get upset when it rains (trying to use the quotes against me). But you know what? I'm not that person. I don't get upset when it rains, because I know that rain makes the flowers grow. If something bad happens to you, don't let it defeat you. Use it to your advantage. It's a lesson to learn from. Life is called a journey for a reason. We take what surrounds us and we use it to get ahead. Use it to make yourself into a better, stronger, wiser person.

I'll reiterate the song here. We are all born equally, but we are not treated equally. And that is why we must fight for the equality for every man, woman, and child, regardless of race, religion, color, creed, and sexual orientation, but that fight starts with YOURSELF. Rise above it. Fight to become a better person than you were yesterday.

You are not alone. Help comes to those who need it. All you have to do is ask. 1800-273-8255

Only you can make yourself happy.
Only you can free yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment