Saturday, January 9, 2021

Did 2020 Get Us Down?

Today I was faced with an enlightening realization... I recently saw a post on someone's Facebook that said this:So I had gone to my photos intending to find a particular picture - one that shows us eating at Olive Garden during a fun day of shopping. It's rare, especially during coronavirus, that we can treat the kids by taking them out somewhere to eat, so it was a special fun day for us! Anyway, as I started scrolling through my photos to find it, I realized there was more than just one fun, special moment from this year. We actually had quite a few!

Yeah, there were some rough times. Adam was in the hospital for a month, he's had multiple surgeries, we almost lost him. We also had quite a fight on our hands to get Devin back with his family and away from his abuser. She caused more problems for us than the coronavirus did. I had a few stupid arguments on Twitter about how the way the world is, and how the society is now filled with youthful sensitive snowflakes... Then on top of that was all the world's problems, with coronavirus, the Australian fires, Black Lives Matter, the attack on JK Rowling, the election, killer hornets, etc... It seemed like 2020 was a year of hell for everybody. Somebody somewhere was always getting their poor little feelings hurt, and the internet was full of cancel culture.

But you know what? We've had a lot more great moments than that. We had a lot of fun memories this year! As usual, I find a way to see the bright side of things, and there was a lot more to look forward to in my own personal life. Other than there being birthdays to be celebrated and holidays to be enjoyed, we were able to start getting our medical needs met. Tricity got braces, Adam got glasses, and I found out why I've been so tired all these years (diabetes, hypothyroidism, anemia, apnea). The kids were able to experience going to a beauty salon to get their hair done. They got to stay home for school this year with remote learning, which means I got to enjoy time with them more. The evil wicked woman across the street FINALLY moved away! We had fun times playing outside and at the park. We got a couple of new cats, Kuma and Junko. They got to experience going to a couple of drive-in movies. We got to experience life TOGETHER as a FAMILY.

So to end this blog - did 2020 get us down? No! I'm proud to say that we made it. And we will keep making it, because we keep our chins up, we're strong, good-hearted, and believe in thinking positive. So here's hoping that this new year brings many more great memories to come, and many more enjoyable moments <3

No comments:

Post a Comment