Thursday, February 25, 2021

New Vlog Series?

I've been thinking long and hard about doing this... I know I haven't really updated my YouTube channel in a while, and I'm not off to a great start this year, but I really want to start a new series about my new weightloss surgery journey. I knew I definitely wanted to do videos on this because... well, to simply put it, I need to. I've been trying to find videos to watch of other people's journeys, and I gotta tell you - the pickings are slim. There's not really much out there on YouTube to watch of other people who aren't doctors or businesses promoting themselves for this issue. I feel like there needs to be more perspectives out there for people like me who want to find out more, see what's different, and how we struggle differently.

So now that I knew that I definitely wanted to document my journey, the next decision was for me to decide if I wanted to put it on my regular channel, or to make a whole new channel. The only reason why I would consider putting it on a new channel is because part of me is ashamed. I'm embarrassed that I allowed myself to get this way, and I've kept it hidden from friends online and just never talked about it. I felt like - it's my body, it's my business, and if people don't ask, I don't need to bring it up, you know? No one ever asked me if I was overweight. They may have talked about other people's sizes around me, but no one ever asked me specifically. I just have to accept the embarrassment, though. That will be part of the process to letting things go and becoming a better person, outside as well as in.

So with that being said, I have decided to put them up on my own channel. I've already come up with some things that I want to discuss, as well as keep my other videos going, like vlogs, games, and hopefully a lot more down the road! The more confident and smaller I will get to be seen on camera, the more I will be able to finally be the me I've always kept hidden, and I will be able to get a lot more involved in front of the camera instead of just behind it. And that's part of my motivation to get through this process! Then I can finally make the channel into what I've always wanted it to be. I'm so excited, and I hope I can at least inspire some people with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment