Thursday, February 4, 2021

This Life Is a Simulation! (Dream)

Last night I dreamed that we pulled up to the dollar store (Dollar General) and got out to go shopping. It was just me and Adam, and we saw a truck pulled up next to the side of the store. The area around us was like the landscape of Arizona. There was sand, rocks, brushes, and very little green, but there were more big rocky mounds. It was evening so the sun was supposed to be going down, but bright white flashes lit up the sky. My eyes would have been annoyed by it, but they had already adjusted. People were sitting on the tailgate and in the back of the truck, and others were standing. They were all looking off in the distance at something, but I wanted to get into the store.

While shopping, I remember going down the isles looking at different things. There was one thing that stood out though. It looked like a stuffed animal. It had a long body and was red, but the more I looked at it, it came to life! It started to move around, and as it turns out, it was some kind of mix between a red panda and a koala. I wanted to find some eucalyptus to feed to it. I couldn't find any though, and Adam just kept rushing me to check out. As we were at the register, they said the creature came up to $6. He gave me that look like usual, as if to say 'damn woman, always spending my money'.

As we left the store to go back to the van, he said playfully, "Do you really think you're worth six dollars?" I laughed it off, but then remembered that I wanted to see what the people were looking at. I walked past the truck, and the sky was still flashing wildly. Now I saw why. There, out in the sky, the sun was glitching. It kept pulling apart and coming together like some mechanical device that had sprung it's springs. Every time it would come back together, it would flash bright, and then pop back out like it had overheated and broke. All of this was happening so fast though, so it was like a strobe like flashing intermittently.

We got in the van, and for some reason, there were a couple of strangers in the back who joined us, some girl and guy that were a little younger. We started to drive to it. I remember thinking - huh! This world really is just a simulation, just like they say it is. I hadn't bought into that conspiracy theory, but it wasn't a big surprise when I saw it was true. As we drove, the X Y Z axis was off because of the glitchy programming, so we started to drive in the direction of the sun. To my surprise, it didn't take long to get there, and as we got closer, I saw it was actually just a sphere in the sky with a hologram that was projected onto it. The girl reached out and touched it. When she stuck her hand back in, the guy was like "Did you touch it?" She said yeah, and said it felt really soft, like fabric.

That's pretty much it to it. I think it look longer to write this out than the timeline of the dream took meaning the dream happened faster than I could have wrote it all down. Still pretty interesting to see so vividly in my head though.

No comments:

Post a Comment