Tuesday, February 2, 2021

NAFLD - My Liver Is a Fatty :-p

So I had an ultrasound done yesterday on my liver to see if I had hepatitis C. I don't know how I would have, as I've not been exposed to anyone with it. My liver enzymes were high though, so they wanted to find out what was going on. I don't drink, so chances are - if I had anything, it would be non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). I got the call back today, and they said that's what I've got.

Now I'm supposed to follow a Mediterranean diet. I was trying to follow the diabetic diet, with less carbs and sugar, but it seems I'm going to have to cut out even more if I want to keep a healthy liver. Why, oh why did I spend 2018 drinking every weekend? I'm sure that didn't help...

It's okay though. I already love all kinds of vegetables and things like chicken and fish. I just need to cut out things like processed foods (like chicken nuggets, spray cheese in a can, stuff like that). I just didn't realize my liver was so high up. What if all this time it wasn't my stomach that has been hurting, but what if it were my liver? I don't know, but at least it's reversible if I lose weight and exercise more. I'm hoping when income tax time comes, I can get a tricycle so I can bike with the kids. My back hurts too bad to do anything else, but if I'm sitting, maybe that will be okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment