Tuesday, January 4, 2022

I Almost Blacked Out! (Not Click Bait) and The Kids Break In!

Hello! Today started with me getting the kids ready to go back to school. For their fist day back since Christmas vacation, it went pretty smoothly! And that's including the new changes, such as Tricity and Khloe taking their puppies out for a walk before school. The girls have been doing really good. I'm so happy that Khloe stepped up to take on the responsibilities for Lilith!

After the kids headed off to the bus, I organized my medicine and vitamins. I use a craft box which is good for 6 days, and I take different pills 6 times a day. It's mostly the calcium citrate that I have to take so much of. There's 400 MG per tablet, and I have to take 5 to get my 2000 MG of needed calcium. Why? I have no idea... but that's what I'm supposed to take from what I've been told.


I think part of Annie's loud barking (except when she has to go to the bathroom) is turning out to be separation anxiety from Tricity. I believe this because any time she's alone with us in the room, for the most part, she is pretty calm. However, when Tricity comes into the room for something and then leaves, Annie will start her whining. I just wish I knew how to tone her down because it's so high pitched and loud. I'd much rather she start howling than hear that loud yapping. She's cute an all, and a pretty good girl, but my ears don't feel the same way about her  lol

Speaking of animals sounding annoying, does anyone else's cat constantly bellow "hello?" when they are in heat? All of our other cats don't make that sound, but any time Khloe's cats Tiger or Gray are in heat, they both call out "Hello?" and no matter how much I answer them, they keep acting like they don't hear me! lol  Tiger is a big sweetheart when she's in heat, and Gray acts a little nicer than usual, but I don't know where they got this yeowling from, and it's so irritating.

So while I was looking around on Twitter today, I saw where KSI asked "What is true love?" I don't really follow KSI because he doesn't really put out content that interests me, but someone else had liked his post, so it showed up on my feed because of that. I did take the opportunity to answer his question, however, by saying "I feel it's when someone puts in the effort for you because they want to, not expecting anything in return, but you do the same for them as well. It is not a fragile thing that can easily be broken, and it's never one-sided. It's two pieces of a puzzle that just fit." What inspired this was when I watched Frozen 2 yesterday, and I heard Kristoff say "My love is not fragile." I feel like everything happens for a reason, and when things work together like this, hearing an inspiring quote about love and then someone I don't even follow asks about love, I feel like things in my life are going the way they are meant to go, and I'm on the right path.


Then while I was looking around more (I was procrastinating getting ready for my appointment because I didn't feel like getting ready lol) I came across this post from Stampy (who doesn't follow me any more, and neither does Sqaishey, but that's okay because everyone parts ways at some point) that said "Surround yourself with people who wouldn’t mention anything if they noticed you were wearing odd socks." Then Squid jokingly said "Everyone always mentions my odd socks", but that got me thinking... I disagree with that.


Why would you want someone not to tell you? Is it because you feel like you made this decision on your own, so you don't need people pointing it out, like how an overweight person doesn't need to be told they are overweight because they see themselves every day??? But what if you did it on accident, and you're the kind of person who would like to know so you can try and make sure it doesn't happen again, or maybe you didn't know and wanted to fix it? So I replied "I think I'd rather be told. I prefer honesty. It's like going around with something in your teeth. I'd rather they let me know, even if I wore odd socks on purpose, or because they were the only socks I had left. At least I'd know who to trust to keep an eye out for me."


I would totally be that person pointing it out... but I would also be the one pointing them out with a positive comment. Something along the lines of "I do like your sock combination today!" And I'd be the kind of person to get excited because I'd also be wearing odd socks.

So then I finally decided to get ready... I like to look my best when I have these appointments because as I'm feeling more confident, I want it to show on the outside as well as in. I'd say I clean up pretty good, don't you think? (Of course this filter helps! lol I love what it does to my eyes! ♥ )


First I went to my chiropractor. I usually go between seeing Dr. Crawford and Dr. Davis. I usually lay on my stomach and they start me off with electrode stimulation on my back with some heat, and they'll pop stuff for me. Usually Dr. Davis will also use "the buffer" which just vibrates my back. This time, I asked them to turn on the stimulation a little too high, so it was hurting, which you don't want for the whole 15 minutes, but when the lady came in, she turned it down for me. Then Dr. Crawford had me lay on my back, cross my arms, he put his hand behind me and had me breathe deep in and out, and when I breathe out, he pushes down and my back pops. He did this in 3 different places. Then as per my special request, he pops my neck for me. This time it made a HUGE crunching pop sound, and he said he could tell I needed it. I knew I needed it too, because when I was moving my neck around before that, it kept clicking. Have you ever had that happen? On the way out, I found out he will be getting married next week, so that was pretty sweet to hear!

After my chiropractor appointment, we had some time to spare before my surgeon appointment, so we went to Five Below. That place is nice, but if you're not careful, you can end up spending a fortune! Especially when buying Christmas presents! lol Adam ended up getting a dragon egg thing that you excavate and dig out dragon parts to make a figurine. He also got some generic lego set of a dragon. If you didn't know, dragons are his big thing. I happened to see a silk-screening kit that I wanted to try out, so I got that, and 2 magnets. One is Hello Kitty, and one that says "My Squad Calls Me Mom". And then for Tricity, I happened to see a Hatsune Miku 2022 calendar, so I picked that up for her as well!





Then we had to make a quick stop at Walmart to pick up some butter flavored oil to use in the popcorn machine that his Mom and Dad got us for Christmas, and while we were there, I snagged some white cheddar ricecakes. I can't believe the only store I've been able to find them at is all the way in Cape Girardeau! Even all those years in Perryville, they didn't carry them for at least 3 years. Crazy...

Anyway, then we went to my 6-month surgeon appointment that was today. I don't know why I was so nervous... I know he'd be happy no matter what my results come back as, as long as I was moving in the right direction. They're very supportive there. I guess it's because of my own expectations? I haven't been on my scale in about a month because it needs new batteries, so I didn't know what to expect 😬

When I went, Adam went in with me this time. They had the fish tank set up, and I hadn't noticed the fish in it. I heard they had gotten one during their Facebook livestream as part of their announcements, but when I looked in it, all I noticed were the little white things floating around. I thought maybe they were tiny shrimp? Or seamonkeys? Or some kind of little creature... But then Adam pointed out the fish to me, and I started laughing. I see where Devin and Tricity get their inability to pay attention to obvious things like that! lol  X-D  We also saw this poster that I liked, which said "If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit." Then I saw it was a print of Banksy, so that was pretty cool!


Anyway, they finally called me back and I got weighed. Altogether I'm 115 down from my starting weight, and about 100 down from surgery! So it wasn't as good as I wanted, but still it's great news to hear! Then the lady reminded me that they had to do my labs today, which meant taking my blood. Now, any other time I get my blood drawn, I'm usually okay with it, but this time, it did not go so well.

She had about 8 vials to collect my blood with. I noticed it was sort of a brownish red color, and she said "That means it's rich. That's good." I was happy to hear that, but about halfway through it, I started feeling antsy, like I wanted to get up and move. I readjusted in my seat. Then I started feeling very sluggish, and was looking for a way to brace myself, but kept still so I didn't mess anything up. I was getting very tired, very fast, like I was crashing. By the time she finished, right there at the end, everything had gotten foggy, and I was taking deep breaths. I slumped over onto the arm rest, and my lips felt like they were tingling and throbbing. They felt cold, and I felt like I was either going to pass out, throw up, or shit myself. To be honest, I was kind of scared about it.

She said sometimes it can happen if you haven't eaten beforehand, which I hadn't eaten at all that day yet, since I was nervous about my weigh-in. I couldn't get up because I knew I'd collapse. She asked if I'd like a protein shot to help me recover, so she poured me some chocolate protein to drink. I drank the first one, and she poured another but I said I couldn't drink it just yet. My stomach was still queasy. A couple of minutes later, I was able to finish it, and then I slowly recovered and walked over to the next room. I think if I ever had to pick a way to die, bleeding out seems pretty peaceful. I'd be passed out before it happened, just feeling life fading away...

Dr. LeGrand wasn't in the office that day, so I got to meet his secretary. Basically she went over my current medicines, and stressed to me how much I protein and liquids I need to be taking in. I'm glad Adam was there so he could hear it for himself, that I'm not just being a pain in the butt when I talk about the protein or being thirsty. We also talked a lot about poop, so it was kind of a shitty conversation  X-D  lol She just wanted to make sure I wasn't having any leaks in my stomach. I don't know what doctor doesn't think your poop is important  hahaha  Anyway, just like I thought, they said I was doing good, and I'd hear back about my lab results soon. Hopefully everything is good with those, as well.

We decided to go to the movie theater today since the kids were in school. We had both been wanting to see The Kingsman, but didn't want to take the little girls to it, and the older kids didn't want to sit through a kids movie with them, they wanted to see it too, so the best solution was to just go with me and him as a date. After all, movies are only $5 on Tuesdays at Marcus Theaters! The movie didn't start for another 50 minutes, so we ended up ordering a pepperoni pizza that they deliver to your seat, we got free popcorn (because it's Tuesday), and a drink. Adam was nice and let me get some Butterfinger Bites ice cream bits. I don't think I had ever tried them before. They were okay, but I probably won't get them again. That's what Adam said about the pizza. I thought it was okay, but he said he probably wouldn't get it again. Usually we don't get this much food when we see a movie, but since it was date night and all... This was a picture of me and some hobo. He was really sweet though, he paid for all our food! (lol jk, you know it's just Adam)  :-p



As far as the movie goes, I had hoped to see my boyfriend Eggsy at least once. They sure made it look like he was going to be in it from the previews, but nope. No Taron Egerton throughout the whole thing. I still liked the movie, though. Rasputin was totally a freak, so of course he was my favorite character! I didn't know Ralph Fiennes was in it. I was totally taken by surprise to see what happened to his character's son. I said "No wonder he becomes Voldemort!" LOL! And then on his fight scenes, I said "Use your wand! I don't know why he don't just use his wand..." And then the main bad guy, I thought sounded an awful lot like David Tennant, so I was surprised when it wasn't.

It lasted longer than we thought though, so it was late before we got back home, and the kids were getting to the house right as we were leaving Cape. It took about 30 minutes to get back. Since it was so cold, we had told them to break into the house  X-D  lol  What we said was to remove the screen because it needed to be replaced anyway, slide the window open, unlock the door, and make sure to shut it back and lock it so the cats couldn't get out. That way the kids could get warm, eat, and take care of the animals. I don't know why Tricity won't carry her spare key with her just in case things like this happen  >_<   I also tried to capture the sun shining in my eyes on the way home.



After getting back in town, we made a quick stop at this second-hand store called Mercantile At The Commons to take a look around since they had a grand re-opening. I thought they were a bit costly, but Adam said he thought there were some things that were a bit cheap. We might go there when it's grocery day. We'll have to see...

When we got home, I checked my birds. They had laid 3 eggs. We bought in the stuff, and for dinner, it was a "fend for yourself" night. I had reheated leftover chicken. On nights like this, the kids have pre-made burgers they like to fry up on the hotplate, or there's spaghettios, ramen, soup, they make grilled cheese sandwiches, all sorts of stuff. I was just feeling exhausted and dead tired after after they took my blood today. It didn't help that I didn't get much sleep the night before, either. I was too busy working on this blog  lol

I got a nice surprise when I checked my phone, though! I had gotten a message from Allison's teacher saying "Hello, I am writing you to let you know I have picked Allison for Scholar of the quarter!!!! She always works so hard and deserves being recognized." How great is that?


After I finished dinner, I took out my contacts, and my eye started hurting SO BAD! I couldn't keep it open and it just kept leaking and hurting. And I was so cold... I just wanted to sleep. I ended up falling asleep on the couch around 7:30, and Adam woke me up and told me to go to bed, so I was in bed by 8  lol  And that was pretty much the end of my night!

No comments:

Post a Comment