Saturday, January 1, 2022

My First Day Into 2022

Since I'm hoping to make a blog for every day in 2022, I'd start by talking about how I intended to sleep in today... There were no holiday activities for us to do, no more Harry Potter marathon to prepare snacks for and watch, no plans to go anywhere or do anything today... Just me, my blanket, my pillows, my Wish Bear that I got for Christmas, and my dreams.


But as usual for Christmas break, I woke up around 10:00 lol X-D I figured I would have slept in longer since it was a rainy, wet day (to which I had almost said a ret, wainy day), but my biorhythm seems to like getting up right around 10:00 AM. Here was the view from the kitchen window. You can see how dreary and wet things are, though you can't really get the full scope of how flooded the front yard is getting. (That's not even with me showing you guys how flooded the creek and run-off are! I didn't want to go out and get wet trying to get pictures of everything.)


Adam ends up taking naps during the day because he gets so exhausted from the kidney failure. It's worse on days with dialysis, but he didn't have dialysis today. While he was sleeping, I got to watch the Harry Potter 20th Reunion special! Surprisingly, it didn't stop a lot with the bad weather since we have our crappy Viasat satellite. I cried so hard by the end, though. Tears had rolled from both eyes. Harry Potter was a HUGE part of my life, from my teenage years even until now! Some of the parts that really got me were when they were talking about all those who have passed since the movies. I was especially taken by surprise by Helen McCrory, who played Narcissa Malfoy. I hadn't known she passed! Apparently earlier in the year from cancer. So sad to see Tom Felton getting emotional about it... 


And then it also got me when Robbie Coltrane was talking about how people will still be watching these movies 50 years from now. They'll still be there. Not him, because he'll be dead, but Hagrid will. And then at the end when everyone was getting emotional about the last scene they shot and having to end it all. It really was an amazing part of history to still affect them that way, and us the fans, so many years later like it has. I really cannot think of any other movies where we watched the stars, who stuck it out for 10 years, grow up. These movies were magical, and not just because they were about wizards.


It was an easy day. Adam and I had planned on making hot wings today (last year our New Year's Day dinner was sky, surf, and turf) so he cut and fried the wings, and I had prepped the sauce the day before. I find that by doing it this way, it allows me to cool the sauce and easily discord the oily part in one big disc instead of having to try and spoon it out. How it works is: I usually melt about 8 sticks of butter. Then instead of taking out the ghee, I go ahead and add Frank's red hot sauce, mix it, and then spoon out the spicy ghee and toss it out. However, if I put it in the fridge overnight, it hardens while the sauce and milk solids sink to the bottom of the pan and remain a liquid. Then I toss out the hardened bit, and it's a lot more healthier this way! Not all that fat to be consumed. It was still a bit hot this time, but I added some cream and about another half stick of butter to mellow it out enough for the likes of me, who doesn't usually like hot foods.

This was my plate. Since my surgery, I can only eat about 3 or 4 at a time, so I have some to eat on later in the evening, and through the next day. It's crazy to think that I'd have eaten this whole plate of them at once before! My problem was definitely overeating. So thankful this surgery helped me have to control that since I don't have much self-control myself.

After dinner, I took a nap. I didn't mean to, but I was just so exhausted. It's been a busy and exhausting end of the year. I remember having Tricity come lay beside me until I was out. Sometimes I just need to snuggle up to her, you know? No matter how old my girl gets, she'll always be my baby. When I woke up and went back into the living room, Adam was sitting in the floor with Devin, Allison, and Jazmin, and they were all playing the game Sorry. That warmed up my heart. I love watching him interact with them. He may not be their Uncle by blood, but he'll always be the best Uncle in their hearts. I love that he's making these memories with them.

Not long after that, I had my first bubble bath of the year, using the vanilla bubble bath set that my Mom got me for Christmas. One of my biggest things I love to do since we moved into this house was to take bubble baths. Like her, I inherited a picky sense of smell, so she knew the safest bet was to get a scent that you can't go wrong with. I don't think I've really smelled a vanilla scented product that I didn't like before! lol (Knock on wood!) It had a faint smell, so it wasn't overpowering. I think she made a good choice. Thanks again Mom, if you read this! lol


Then as the evening came, me and Tricity wound down by watching South Park. She's into that now, and I didn't mind watching it in my youth. I had never seen all of the episodes though, so we're trying to get through as many seasons as we can while she's on Christmas break. (As of right now, we are on season 4). While watching, my Kuma baby wanted to cuddle with me. For some reason tonight, all she wanted to do was lay on me and love on me, which I adored of course. She is the sweetest baby! I'm so lucky I got her and that she's mine ♥ She is the most precious!



Speaking of cats and kittens, I forgot to show you guys that a couple of our new babies have their eyes open now! One of these pictures is from the other day, and one was from today. I try to hold them for a little bit every day so that they get used to me, and hopefully get attached to me. Binx doesn't seem to mind. They cry out once in a while and she gets concerned, but she hasn't really taken them or felt threatened by me holding them. Khloe and Tricity have been holding them too.



While I was getting pictures of my Kuma bear, I noticed in the background the paint samples that I have up on the wall. I've kept these paint samples up since we moved in until I'm ready to paint. That way I can see which one I like better at different times of the day, or in different light. It gives me plenty of time to pick the one that grows on me. I can't wait to get rid of these brown nicotine-stained walls!


That was pretty much it for the day. Apparently this time last year, we were under the assumption that Adam would be getting a kidney transplant this year. Since we moved, they put it on hold until he could prove that he had a stable income at our new home, but hopefully he gets put back on this year! I don't know what this year is going to bring for us, but I hope we are successful, we achieve our goals, we improve on our health, and most importantly, that we are safe and happy. I wish the same for you all as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment