Monday, January 3, 2022

Two Caterpillars

Today I woke up and Adam was SUPPOSED have been going to dialysis with Tricity. I found out later that he never went, but that they both still went to Perryville to do some shopping and to pick up my Mom's grocery order for her from the Walmart Pickup thingy. Anyway, when I got up, I had to go to the bathroom as usual, but the toilet paper wasn't anywhere reachable, so I had to call Khloe in to grab it for me. (Don't worry, my nightgowns are huge on me now, and I was sure to cover everything up so it looked like I was just sitting on the toilet, and nothing could be seen.) When she came in, she asked if I needed her to take Annie out to go potty, and I said yes please, because Tricity was gone with Adam. I also told her to tell Devin to get up because the dogs needed to be fed.

After I came out, Devin was just about done getting his boots on, and Khloe had brought Annie back in. Then they both headed out to feed the dogs and the pups. A few minutes later, they came back in and Khloe was holding Lilith. Apparently the other puppies had ripped a huge gash in her side, her neck, there were cuts on her belly, and her ear was torn a little. We were all pretty freaked out! That's why we had to bring Annie in, because she's the smallest, and they were picking on her, too! But Lilith was hurt a LOT worse than Annie was! And the poor girl was shaking, even though she wasn't cold.

I called Adam and asked him if we had any other kennels, and he told us where one was, so Devin went out to get it. Khloe went to switch out Annie's bowls so we could put them in the larger kennel and bring her into the living room, and the smaller one would stay in the bathroom where we could keep Lilith for now. I held her as they did this, and got blood on my arms. I hadn't seen how serious the injuries were yet until I noticed I was getting bled on. I'm not posting any pictures of it because you could see the flesh underneath and it was pretty disturbing. Anyway, we cleaned her up, got her calmed down and safely put into the spare kennel, and she seems like she's okay now! I just hope she heals up well.

I thought bringing Annie into the living room would be great because I didn't want her to get lonely or bored, but all she does is howl and whine while she's in here. I think it's because she just wants out and wants attention, but we're following dog training videos that say to introduce her slowly to the environment around her. First we started with a small kennel in the bathroom. Now it's a large kennel in the living room. Next, it's going to be freedom to roam the living room, with the other rooms blocked off, and then eventually freedom into the whole house. But how do I keep her from being so very loud???

Anyway, to try and drown her out, I decided to put on Frozen 2. I had never seen it before, Adam was gone, and I knew the girls wouldn't mind watching it again. I actually REALLY liked it. The song "The Next Right Thing", though it made me cry. I know it's Anna singing about Elsa, but the lyrics remind me of my best friend Tahnee. She's gone, and I miss her so very much, but I just keep going on no matter how sad I get, trying to be a good person and do the next right thing. "The only star that guided me was you" :-( ♥ "Just do the next right thing. Take a step, step again. It is all that I can to do, The next right thing."


After it went off, we started watching Encanto again, since Khloe hadn't seen it yet, and I really wanted to see it again (what can I say? It's an adorable movie!) But yet again, I ended up crying because of one of the songs. There's this song called "Dos Oruguitas", meaning Two Caterpillars. It's a song about two caterpillars who are together, but have to separate to go into their cocoons and become butterflies. Once again, it reminded me of my best friend Tahnee. She was my caterpillar, and she had to leave me to change into a beautiful butterfly. It was a sad, yet endearing day...


Speaking of Encanto... Tricity wanted to see this one at the theater, but we had seen that it was going to be showing on Disney+ after a few more days, so we didn't see it at that time. I DO have a favorite song other than the sad one, though. It's the song about pressure (despite the Bruno song is always in my head when I wake up these days). I like the sound of Luisa's song better than most of the others. Like I said, the movie is pretty good, and the songs are very catchy! lol

 

 Adam came home through the middle of the movie, and by the end, it was about 4:30 so it was time for me to check my quails. I just had 2 eggs today, but one of them was so frozen that it had a split in it. I'll probably fry it up tomorrow if it's okay. That reminds me - we're out of duck eggs from Adam's Mom  X-D  I've really been looking forward to getting those! Especially now that I'm not sick and I can taste again! lol He surprised me today by bringing me a new bulb for the heat lamp since the other one busted the other day from all the rain. Hopefully it'll help thaw out some of the frozen straw and they will have their nice warm box again.

Strangely enough, the light on the porch was working again, but it flickers like crazy. I haven't seen it myself yet, but that's what I've been told. While the kids went out to feed the dogs again, I started making fried chicken, as per Adam's request. I guess they REALLY love it! I hope they do because it's not so easy to make. It takes quite a bit of work! But I personally have always loved fried chicken, so at least if nothing else, it's worth it to me  :-D  lol  (Even though he DID later tell me that it's better than KFC!)


For the rest of the evening, Adam took Devin to basketball practice, we had fried chicken with macaroni and cheese, and then when Devin got home, he ate and we all went to bed. The kids go back to school tomorrow, so there wasn't much of an evening left to be had. However, sometimes when I go to bed, that doesn't mean I'm sleeping. I spent some time looking up different AI art from the "Wombo Dream" app. I tell you what - some of this stuff is terrifying! Strangely accurate, but absolutely horrifying lol  X-D  For example, I looked up Voldemort, but he looks like a Picasso version of Voldemort. I looked up Bellatrix Lestrange, Hermione, and Fred and George Weasley. Here they are... and after that, I finally decided to put the phone done and go to bed lol:




No comments:

Post a Comment