Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Being a Vegan is Not For Everybody

Good news? I'm healing from my shingles.
Bad news? I can't be a vegan.

If you are new to my blog, let me recap for you - I tried to be a vegan, but because I suddenly changed my eating habits and was dealing with a lot of stress at the same time, my immunities dropped so low that I got an infection to my nervous system and broke out with the shingles virus.

I guess trying to be a vegan wasn't really meant for me, as much as I wanted to be. I've been eating meat again for about two weeks now, and I started getting un-sick. That sucks...

Not that being healthy isn't good, but it's not healthy by Candice-reasoning to eat animals, either. See how I'm kind of stuck, here? Not eating animals results in bad health for Candice. Yet, eating animals results in death for the animals. It's a lose-lose situation. Maybe I can try it again later on through the years when I'm not so stressed out, but for now, it's not for me...

Guess I have to be selfish on this one here and worry about myself. As if there would be any other way for me to be, though, right? So considering I need to be more health-conscious, I better take my shower and get to bed since I just worked a 13 hour shift.

Ciao, my lovlies.

~ me ~

No comments:

Post a Comment