Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Eve Tradition

Something I've been doing ever since I spent a New Year's Eve with my best friend Tahnee and her family is have salmon and sparkling grape juice on New Year's Eve to bring in luck for the new year. I've never really been one to support superstitions, but this had always been a rather tasty one, and if it really worked, then why not give it a try?

I really never remembered very well exactly what the tradition was supposed to be. I thought it was salmon and wine? Or some kind of fish... Whatever it was, I have adopted this practice and have made it my own for me and my family over the years. I have salmon as my fish of choice because they way I make it is the tastiest, and I choose sparking grape juice because I'd prefer not to drink wine.

Tonight, me and Tricity stayed up all night counting down to the new year with the TV shows. Of course I had salmon and sparking grape juice, and I've been getting her into this tradition as well. She only had a little bit, though. She's not much a fan of it right now, so it seems. I pretty much ate the rest. Adam was in the back room, sleeping, and Mom fell asleep on the love seat.

It was just me and Tricity. She's my little buddy! I am SO LUCKY to have her ♥ I also worked on a resolutions list, but I failed already. LOL Anyways, I just wanted to share a bit of my tradition with you. I wish you guys the best, and hope for an amazing, healthy, happy, safe, prosperous new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment