Friday, January 18, 2013

It Could Be Worse... Be Glad It Isn't.

Never take a good day for granted... And when you think things are going bad? Remember, it could always be worse. Always...

I had to go to the hospital tonight. I had strep throat again, and of course the long wait at the hospital and verified case of strep meant that I had to miss work. It took them 5 hours, but with all that went on tonight, I didn't mind the wait. It was a rough night at the hospital.

While I was there with Adam, we saw an ambulance pull up to the ER and the EMTs held a baby in their arms, it's arms limp. A little girl... I don't know what happened, but needless to say, she didn't make it. Someone lost their baby tonight and I just wanted to cry. I couldn't even imagine... but my heart ached for the poor angel.

Later on in the night, people were brought in from a 3-person car crash. Mostly teenagers. I don't know how bad the injuries were or if anyone died, but they had to lock down the hospital while the emergency helicopter came and went, taking off someone to St. Louis for serious injuries.

Like I said, it was a hard night... So when you're sick and feeling like death? Be glad it isn't worse. You may not feel very well, but it could always be so much worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment