Friday, October 15, 2010

I Made Homemade Bread and Butter!

The bread and butter I made was AWESOME! And knowing that I made it myself, and I knew what was going into making it just made it even better. You know what would top it off? Having fresh raw milk cream for the butter, and my own fresh eggs and stuff for the bread. Adam keeps using my wheat for sandwiches. I said "Use up all the old bread first!" and he said "but I don't want that bread. I want yours!" so that made me feel really good. I'll have to make him some white bread to use since he likes that better. I like heating the bread up, and putting on the homemade butter and just eating it like that. MMM! I guess I'll try some of the white when I make it too, with molasses :-D I wish I knew how to make THAT on my own, too! lol

Still didn't get Halloween decorations up... I would have done that, but Adam's family was having a get-together. It was so much fun! We went fishing while they barbecued. We didn't catch much. Me and Adam didn't catch anything, but it sure would have been nice to bring home some catfish, especially now that I know how to clean them! Buddy was able to get Gabriel and Tristin so it was nice to see them again, too. And Stormy was there with her little boy :-D Poor Tricity was the only girl, so of course she got left out while the boys played video games, chopped wood, and jumped on some hay bales, but Tricity played with the puppy that they had, and followed Stormy around. She loves her :-) It was cute... They messed around with Buddy's truck, the motorcycles, and went off to get some wood for the bonfire. Then after supper, we had desert, and then we went out to sit by the bonfire and have a few drinks.

We got home really late, and then I found out that work tried to call me to come in, but I didn't have my phone with me, because there wasn't any service at their place. It would have been nice to know sooner though, because I had missed a day the other night from being sick and I could have made up those hours... Ah well. It's not like I could have called back when I got back home, because I had already been a little drunk, so I just took a shower and went to bed.

Feel like crap today though! lol I've had a headache, and just now got rid of my hiccups. I managed to make laundry detergent, though. Haven't bothered to get up and see if it works yet. It didn't gel up like it was supposed to, but I think it's because I didn't have a 5 gallon bucket to make it in. I just tried to make two gallons by parting the recipe. (It's a four gallon recipe, so I parted it by four, you would think it would have worked...) Ah well. It should wash clothes just fine. We'll see, and then I'll post about it. lol It's not like our clothes get that dirty anyway. Just the ones from yesterday that smell like smoke and fish.

And the last thing... I pureed my strawberries and had everything ready to be dehydrated for fruit leather... You know what happened? My dehydrator went out! :-( I had Adam go to walmart to see if he could get me a new one but they don't have any. Boo! Walmart sucks! So now I'll probably have to order one online unless I can find one anywhere else first. I just had to keep the trays stacked and I put them in the freezer until I get another dehydrator. Any donations would be nice! lol I was going to make mom some fruit leather too, this time, and then some more beef jerky...

Anyway, that's all for now :-) This post is long enough, and I really do need to get some laundry done. lol Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment