Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cherry Not-So-Cheesecake

It happened unexpectedly that I came to the realization that vanilla yogurt tasted like cheesecake. It started with my daughter Tricity taking up a fondness for vanilla-flavored foods. She says it's because she had loved my snow cream recipe so much. She also happens to love yogurt, so one night at work, I noticed we had a vanilla yogurt, which she had not yet tried. I had her try it, but as I had never tried it either, I asked her if I could have a bite.

To my surprise (and delight) it wasn't that bad! To me, it had actually tasted like cheesecake filling. So then I got the bright idea to buy a graham cracker crust, get a few packages of vanilla yogurt, get a package of cream cheese, and I had a cherry topping here at home.

I warmed up only about half the package of cream cheese, mixed in a bit of sugar and 3 vanilla yogurt containers. Then I realized it was a bit too thin to make a cheesecake out of, so I went looking around for something that would help thicken it up. I found a package of instant french vanilla pudding mix, so I added a little bit at a time until it was the right thickness. Then I put on the cherry topping and popped it into the fridge to finish firming up.

It turned out pretty good! Even Adam thought it tasted okay, but of course he's one of those "if it's not really made out of the same ingredients, then it's not really the same at all, and therefore I won't have anything to do with it because different is weird" kind of grumps, so he didn't really eat any slices. But as far as a healthier knock-off version goes, I liked it! Tricity liked it too.

That's pretty much what I did with my day, besides buying a planner to get my days sorted out. Then right after I made this, I went to my Mom's house to see my nieces Jazmin and Allison ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment