Thursday, November 10, 2016

Just Like Mom Used To Do

Today I cleaned up in the toy room. I'm trying to get the toys organized so that the kids can wreck them all over again when they come over to play during the winter season. LOL I said - just let me organize it one time and then they can go crazy up there! That, and I'm trying to get my stuff out of there and get the toys moved to one side so the studio can be fixed up on the other side.

I also have a cigar that I found when going through some old boxes. I don't smoke... but if I did, I'd probably do something like hookah or cigars. So I have this one cigar that I had gotten many years ago as a free sample in the mail, and occasionally I'll light the tip and take a few puffs. Not enough to make me sick as a dog, but enough to remind me of why I don't smoke  :-p  LOL  I don't see how people can be addicted to it... It stinks, leaves your  mouth with a bad taste, and hurts your lungs.

Anyway, what I was doing was repairing some of Tricity's Monster High toys. Draculaura's umbrella was snapped in half, Clawdeen's bed had a leg that was broke off. Ghoulia's box of brains was all mangled. Just little things that needed to be fixed... And I was making sure the dolls were clean, and I was brushing their hair. Basically dolling up the dolls ^_^

Then I got to thinking about when my Mom used to do that for me when I was little. While I was sleeping, she would get my Barbies, and she would brush their hair, put some clothes on them, often MAKING clothes for them, clean them up, and make them look so beautiful. Then I would wake up and see them sitting so perfectly in a row, looking better than new, because my Mom did it just for me. I LOVED those moments when I was little ♥ I love doing things like that for Tricity, too, now that I'm a Mom, because I remember how much it stuck with me, and how much it meant to me.

She came home and joined me upstairs, and started playing with them right away. I had also recently cleaned up her doll houses that were sitting in the basement for the longest time, so she put her Monster High doll furniture in the houses and put the dolls to sleep in their beds  LOL

Adam also got paid today since tomorrow is Veteran's Day. He still has to work, but the banks won't be open, so we got KFC for dinner, and he got me and Tricity some cherry icees from the gas station. Unfortunately, the icee machine was frozen over, so he forced the handle to work and ended up busting their machine, I think. He said it started overflowing and wouldn't stop  :-\  He got red stain all over his hands, and said "This is what happens when I try to do something nice". I said "You made us happy, didn't you? Then that should be what matters."

Sadly, I didn't realize tonight was "Family Fun Night" at school. I had put it into my phone, but instead of November 10, I had put December 10, so we didn't realize it was going on tonight until after it was too late  :-\

No comments:

Post a Comment