Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!
From our family to yours  ♥
Every day through the month of November, I wrote down something that I am thankful for. Looking back, I realize I have a pretty good life, and a lot more to be thankful for than I realized.

Day 1 - I am thankful for inspiration, because without it, I couldn't be as creative as I am. Inspiration drives me to do what I love most.
Day 2 - I am thankful for my family. Friends may come and go, but blood is blood. Without my Mom and my daughter, I don't know where I'd be. They are like rocks above and below me that protect me, shelter me, and shield me.
Day 3 - I am thankful for convenience! It's so nice having the things I need without having to make it myself, like bread that is already baked and sliced, to take with ibuprofen for my toothache!
Day 4 - I am thankful for magazines. I guess I take after my Grandma by tearing out the articles I want to keep  LOL
Day 5 - I am thankful for music! I posted this about it 3 years ago. It still means the same to me, even now:

Day 6 - I'm thankful for people who are raised with RESPECT and the patience to practice it, because SOME people act like they don't even know what that is.
Day 7 - I am thankful for the drive and passion to do what you love! For me, I know I'm not the best at it, nor am I the worst, but I love singing!
Day 8 - I'm thankful that these elections only happen once every four years, and I'll be glad when it's over!  #SickOfIt
Day 9 - I'm thankful for pizza. That is all.  ;-)
Day 10 - I am thankful for having air conditioning in the summer, and heat in the winter! Nice warm showers when I'm freezing cold on days like today...
Day 11 - I'm thankful to have Tricity to make me laugh, to share my feelings with, have deep discussions with, and love me unconditionally. She's my world, and the missing piece of my soul.
Day 12 - I'm thankful for culture. Different cultures inspire different styles, traditions, and foods, making the world an interesting place. Without diversity, the world is boring.
Day 13 - I'm thankful I have a home and a bed to go home to at the end of the day. Not everyone has that privilege, and I do not take it for granted.
Day 14 - I am thankful for experience. Thankful for the experience I have gained because everything you go through is a lesson learned, and I'm thankful for those in the past who found out what is safe and what is poisonous, so we already know what to avoid and what is helpful.
Day 15 - Today, I am thankful for balance, that things can only go so far down before they have to go back up. You can't have good without bad, and vice versa. Everything eventually evens out.
Day 16 - I'm thankful for my Grandma. I miss her so much with all my heart, and I'm proud to have inherited some of her quirks. I'd like to think she is proud of me and Tricity.
Day 17 - Today I'm thankful for old photographs that allow us to connect to the past and bring back the memories that happened at that moment. (I'm a picture addict! LOL)
Day 18 - I'm thankful for the REAL people out there who don't feel like they have to lead double lives to hide anything or impress anyone. People are going to judge you no matter what you do, so why lie about it? Just be true to yourself.
Day 19 - I'm thankful for when TRULY good people have good things happen for them. They are those who deserve it the most!
Day 20 - I'm thankful for what I have, and appreciate what has been given to me. Don't take a gift or a good deed for granted. People don't have to do good things for you. You are entitled to NOTHING. If they choose to be good to you, be thankful they took a moment out of their day just for YOU.
Day 21 - I'm thankful to have been raised by someone who taught me to be respectful, have an open mind, and to think of others, which are strong qualities that I have passed down to my daughter, as well. Thank you Mom, I love you.
Day 22 - I am thankful for compliments! Compliments go a LONG way, and when a customer at works assumes I'm in my 20's, it sticks with me! LOL Flattery will get you everywhere ;-) hahaha
Day 23 - I'm thankful that when I'm on the right track in life, I can tell by the good things that happen & how everything falls into place
Day 24 - I'm thankful for my life. More than you know. There's at LEAST 3 times in my life that I could have died, but I miraculously lived!
1 - I was in a car accident and we flipped 3 times
2 - I was walking and it was a hit and run at night
3 - I was robbed and beaten at work

No comments:

Post a Comment