Friday, November 11, 2016

How My Online Habits Changed

I would have thought it was the falling out with my friend Stewie that would have caused me to stop being online as much as I used to be. We used to do a lot of gaming and we would play Minecraft for hours, but even after we stopped being friends, I was still online a lot.

I think it was a combination of the air going out and summer vacation that messed up the way I used to always be on my PC. I couldn't actually use my computer because it was about 100 degrees in the computer room since the central air unit stopped working correctly. Our landlord gave us a window unit to use, which meant we were pretty much confined to the living room. We even put a spare mattress in the living room floor, and Tricity and I slept there while Adam slept on the couch.

And even if I could have used my PC again, I wouldn't have been able to game that much because recording is hard to do when there is someone else home and they are talking. Tricity was home for summer break, and she's usually laughing at YouTube videos that she watches, or she's singing, and I certainly don't want to stop her from doing that.

Thinking back, though, I just miss being online. I miss staying current with everyone's Twitter, and I miss meeting new people. I miss my old friends too, who were with me when I first started playing PC Minecraft. Those are the ones who made it such a great experience for me. I miss seeing some of my favorite YouTubers on the servers and then freaking out about being "noticed by Senpai". I want to get back to my "roots" (so to speak) of Minecraft, and enjoy it like I used to. I just lost myself along the way during a toxic friendship, and I let others do my thinking for me and tell me where and what to play.

On the other hand, I don't want to stay glued to my computer like I used to be. I don't want to get into any other serious friendships like I was in before. I don't want to be so reliant on anyone like that again. My schedule should be my own. It shouldn't have to revolve around anyone else. If I want to clean all day and then hop on for just an hour, that should be okay, and no one should get offended by it. When I play, it should be for fun, because I WANT to. Not because someone else wants me to. I want to be around more because I miss all of the great memories I made, but I want it to be on my own terms this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment