Friday, November 11, 2016

I Am NOT a Natural At This

Today was Veteran's Day, so Tricity was home from school. We spent most of the day watching My Little Pony (yes, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Pegasister.) Then later in the evening, she went across the street to my Mom's house to play.

While she was gone, I had an idea that I thought was great at the time. I had a couple of packs of peach oatmeal, so I thought - hey! If I just mix these with some pancake batter and add some sugar, I'll be able to whip up some peach muffins! Then I could have her come over and get some to take to my Mom! So I got to work whipping it all together and I baked them.

When they were done, I got them out and let them cool. They sure smelled good! However, the taste test proved otherwise... They tasted so bland and despite my efforts to add some sweetness, they certainly were not sweet. They basically tasted like pancakes with a slight peach aroma. They were awful. Adam wouldn't eat them, I wouldn't eat them, and when Tricity came home, she wouldn't eat them either, so I tossed them out.

So much for that experiment! I guess I'm not a magical muffin maker like I thought! hahaha Thank goodness for pre-packaged muffin mixes! LOL  I DO want to try some more experiments though, and this time I'll use recipes online. We have so many boxes of raisin bran sitting around, and I want to find a way to use it because we never eat it as actual cereal. I'm going to try some time to make muffins with it. Wish me luck! Ha!

Anyway, I went to work that night and Adam and Tricity brought back my lunch, but they looked panicked. When I asked what was wrong, he said I needed to take her to the bathroom. I asked why, and he said it was because her tooth was about to come out, and she looked terrified. Of course she was worried and protesting, but I told her not to be scared. That her actual fear of me pulling her tooth was going to be worse than me actually pulling it. I got a good grip, counted to 3, and out it came. She was like "Oh!", as if she was surprised it came out so easily. It bled a little, but she was fine after that.

They went home and she was excited to put her tooth under her pillow for the Tooth Fairy! Then I started sorting through some magazines. I do that at work now since my laptop is messed up. I'll go through the magazine, take out the articles I want, and recycle the rest (all of the advertisements and such). Then my best friend Tahnee called, so I chatted with her and our friend Kelly. It was so good talking and laughing with them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment