Tuesday, March 11, 2003

And I Shall Call Him... Faelon

AHHHHH! Yay! YAY!!! I FINALLY did it! I finally got to name an Elf!!! *dies*
Alright. Here is what happened.
We found out Bret McKenzie (whom we all adore as Figiwt) has a brother that played a small part in Lord of the Rings as well. And recently that brother has been identified. His name is Justin McKenzie, and he sits on the right-hand side of Elrond in LOTR.

They (the fans) were saying how they would always either call Justin's elf by the names of "Elrohir" and "No Name". Well, someone who went to visit Bret on the Figwit Lives documentary trip (Figwit Lives is a website dedicated to the elf, Figwit) said that Bret told them which Elf Justin played. While they were looking for names to give Justin's elf, I was fortunate enough to put my two cents just in time.

One person (who runs the Argonath site (a site for nameless elves and other great LOTR stuff) said that, "Well, I put Justin's name through the Barrowdowns Name generator and that makes his Elven name Aratwath. What do you guys and girls think of that name? Shall we give him that name?"

So then I went even further and said, "Actually, from this site:
http://www.geocities.com/the_realm_of_the_lady/morenames6.html
It says: JUSTIN comes from a Latin name which means 'just' as in 'fairminded'. In Quenya this is 'faila', so when masculinized you name is Failon. '(the)Just one'. In Sindarin you name is Faelon, from 'fael' - 'just, having good fëa'. What do you think?"

So then the Figwit Lives associating person said, "I rather like the sound of Failon/Faelon. Goes nicely with Figwit."

Henceforth, they decided to with Faelon. So basically, I named an Elf! Sure, I didn't come up with the name. The chick that did all that research did, but I happened to find the name 'Justin' on there, and though I didn't invent it, I DID name HIM, before they dared name him Aratwath. This is so great! Bret McKenzie's brother, of all people! WHOO-HOO! *dies again* I tell you, I'm getting closer every day! Conquest shall be mine!!! *runs off, laughing maniacally*

No comments:

Post a Comment