Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Don't Smash the Baby!

I was able to get a release from my doctor today to take the worksteps assessment program. I think it went well, though my lungs are sore and my body aches with tiredness. They really put you through quite a challenge just for a job! There was hella cardio going on, with a lot of bending, lunges, stair-stepping, and holding my arms up for a long period of time. Who needs a gym workout? Just do the worksteps thing. That'll get you going!

There was only one thing I couldn't do in the program. They wanted me to lay on my stomach and see how many times I could lift weights with my legs. Being pregnant, they didn't want me to smash the baby. And to be honest? If they wanted me to try to do that one, I don't think I would have agreed to it. I know I need a job to take care of my child, but NO job is worth hurting the baby.

I started my new position at work. It's not bad! The machines do most of the work. I only trained on 3 of them so far. One of the machines takes little pellets of plastic and melts them, and then molds them into the shape of buttons for the car. My brother is also a forklift driver here, so I get to see him around every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment