Sunday, April 18, 2010

Basketball

Well today (your yesterday) was pretty nice. When I got off work, we went yard-saleing. I LOVE yard sales. I can find things I've always wanted to have, or never realized I wanted, for cheap prices. I got a Harry Potter board game for a dollar! I got a hanging heart shaped bird cage for a dollar! I got some canisters for the flour and sugar so the ants stay out of them, instead of having to put them in the fridge this year! Living in a trailer, we have a bad problem with ants... Tricity got a few toys. I even found a Catwoman doll that matches the Harley Quinn doll we got her at Six Flags back in 2006. Instead of paying a small fortune for this one, it was only 25 cents! I got one of those hand held vacuum sealers and bags for your food. I got tons of cross-stitch kits for 25 cents each. I made out pretty well :-) lol

After we came home, we were up for a while. I checked on my taffy, and I made a mistake by putting it in the fridge... It got hard and really, really sticky. I think next time, I'll just roll it into balls and wrap it up in wax paper like a candy wrapper... Next, I started one of the little cross stitches, since I had never tried it before, and then we all decided to take a nap. It was a very good three hour nap! When we got up, Adam got online for a while, Tricity played with her new toys, and I decided to try and sort my perler beads by color into little baggies.

A couple of hours after that, Adam's dad called and asked us if we wanted to go to the park with them. Him, his current wife, her granddaughter, and one of Tricity's cousins were there, so we joined them. The girls rode tricycles up and down the sidewalk, picked dandelions and clovers, and me, Adam, his nephew, and his dad decided to shoot hoops. I think I got 10 baskets out of 50. lol Still, we had a good time, and I got some exercise... We tried to teach Tricity how to dribble, and she got the concept. It was funny to watch her try, though. She'll get it soon enough, I think.

Then after that, we took Tricity over to my mom's house to stay the night. I got to hold my baby nephew Devin again. He grew twice the size since I last held him! He's growing up so fast... He's always sleepy and hungry, but that's what babies are like. He's so cute! So is my niece Khloe. Her facial features are starting to change. Jolie has always been beautiful, too, and of course my Tricity is a little petite doll. I think we have such beautiful children in our family.

Later today when I get home, I need to start digging out yardsale items. My mom is planning on having a yardsale this weekend, and I want to help out and sell some of my stuff, too. I have a lot that I want to put out, it's just a question of finding it all! I also need to get on the ball and get my necklaces and magnets ready, too. I like trying to sell some of my handmade items. If I can find my camera, I'd like to take pictures of them and get them online again... I just wish I could find a website to make my online store, because my old webpage is gone since geocities shut down... Know of any other free sites like geocities?

Anyway, here's a few pictures from today...

Here is Tricity and Adam's nephew (her cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment