Friday, April 16, 2010

Good Night

Well, just as there will be accomplishments made, there will be setbacks, as well... I didn't get anything done but some laundry today. I meant to do dishes, but on the days I work, I just feel so exhausted. It's not like I have a hard job. I work at a hotel on the midnight shift. It's just the fact that the schedule is messing with me as I'm getting older. I could deal with it when I was younger, or even five years ago, but I'm getting closer to 30 these days, and working midnights makes me exhausted. Plus, just being here at work takes time away from all of the things I want to get done at home.

I envy Adam, getting to stay at home all the time, even though he takes it for granted. He'd rather watch TV, be online, or sleep. I think about all the things I could get done, like the cleaning, my crafts, making homemade foods, the cleaning, making repairs to things that got broke over the years, little side projects like getting my digital photos printed off and put in albums, making photo books, organizing my filing cabinets, oh, and did I mention the cleaning?

Anyway, I didn't get the dishes done. There's a lot of dishes to do because Adam thinks that putting them in the dishwasher is just fine and dandy, even with the cloudy white film that gets all over them when he's done. It's not just a light film, either. It's heavy can't-see-through-it cloudiness. So now I have to take over with the dishes and pre-wash them in the dishwasher, and wash them again in the sink so they sparkle and shine like I want them. I'd be so embarrassed if anyone saw the dishes after he got through with them... who would want to eat off of them? And what is that nasty stuff anyway? I'm sure it can't be good for you.

Me and Tric didn't get the pull-taffy made, either. I had the ingredients, but then I realized that I don't have a candy thermometer. Kind of hard to determine the temp without one, and I know next to nothing about making candy, so it's not like I could wing it... I can't wait to get paid so I can pick one up, though :-D And I especially can't wait to get groceries again so I can try making butter and mozzarella cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment