Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stuff I Wish Would Happen!

This is something I shared with my friends on Facebook, and I wanted to post it here, too, because it's the biggest part of my hopes and dreams. When I was growing up, my biggest dream was to be on Broadway, but as I got older, wiser, and started having a family, those dreamed changed to this...

Me and Adam get to talking sometimes, about what we wish we could do if things worked out right for us... The biggest thing is we would LOVE to have a place of our own. Either own it outright, or rent to own it, or whatever... as long as we knew it was going to be ours, and we could fix it up the way we wanted, add onto it if we wanted, paint it however we wanted, plant whatever we wanted... It would be so nice to have a place to call our own... That's our BIGGEST dream.

And then once we had that place, we talked about getting a cow and a pig every year, and raising it ourselves, and having it slaughtered at the end of the year so we had our own fresh meat. It was also be great to have chickens and quails, so we had our own eggs, and fresh chickens when they got older... and some ducks and geese. Maybe a goat just for the hell of it... lol We'd have a dog or two outside. I'd have to have a few cats, of course, but no pets inside... lol We'd have some rabbits...

I'd also love to have a bunch of fruit trees like his grandpa had. All different kinds. Peaches, pears, apples, a cherry tree, maybe plums? And I would plant all kinds of berries. Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, and strawberries. We'd have a garden like his grandpa had, too. And along the house, I'd plant a rainbow of flowers so I could cut some and always have fresh flowers in the house and me and Tricity could do some crafts with the dried leaves when the flowers wilted, but there would still be plenty to make the landscape beautiful.

We wouldn't have any neighbors that were too close to get on our nerves, and I wouldn't have to worry about neighborhood brats playing on all of her outside toys. We'd have plenty of shade so that we could sit out in the summertime with some friends or family, and feel the cool breeze as we had dinner outside. I'd have lots of different kinds of bird feeders, bird houses, and windchimes that made lots of different sounds. I could do my wood carving and other kinds of crafts outside. It would be our own little country home tucked away in it's own cozy spot...

Every time I went to his grandpa's old house, I felt like this, and I knew that it would be lovely to have a place like that some day. If it was a place that we owned, we would truly love it and care for it. Now, if only there was a way we could ever get it... That would be so nice. It's one of the biggest things I wish for. That, and winning the powerball jackpot. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment