Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Best Time of the Year"?

"Spring is here! Spring is here! It's the best time of the year!" (From that cartoon "Little Bill") lol

Ah, yes. The weather has been nice. Rainy and nice. Most people complain about the rain, but as for me, I'm thinking - now maybe my flowers will grow. lol! They weren't really doing too good after I planted them, but now I see them starting to sprout up, and I can't wait to see the final result.

Since it's been raining, we've had to keep ourselves entertained indoors. Tricity especially thought it was funny when I put her barbie clothes on my fingers and acted like it was a person.


For a couple of days, I was even on a kick where I was trying to find us a new place to live, one that we could own, like I've been dreaming about. A place of our own where we could fix it how we wanted, and have a cow and chickens, at least. Well I found a place in a nearby town called Lithium for 40,000 and the monthly payments were actually something we could afford, so I had Adam ask his dad what he thought about it, and he said he had seen that place before, and it wasn't worth it. It DID say that it had a lot of potential and was a handyman's dream, but I guess that was an understatement for just how bad it was... Whatever place we get, we're willing to fix up and make it the way we want it, but we also want to be able to live in it, too. lol So there went that dream...

When there were periods where the rain finally stopped, I took a picture of how beautiful the sky was. It doesn't look nearly as beautiful as it did in person, though, but here's the pic anyway:




Adam and his dad finished the swingset, and of course, Tricity has already had people come over to play. Here is the finished swingset, with my niece Jolie playing:




Eventually they got bored and came inside to play... I thought it was funny and cute, so I had to get a pic of that, too...



She also had her friend Gabriel come over. We had finally dumped out the old, dirty blue sand that was in her sandbox and had JUST bought fresh new sand to put in it, and bought some sand toys, so they had a good time breaking it in.



In really great news, we learned that if Adam starts working again, there's a slight chance that we MIGHT get to buy his grandpa's place from his dad... It needs some pipework done and some faucets replaced, but it would be so awesome if we finally get to have that place. It's such a beautiful, quiet area. Lots of shade trees, all kinds of flowers in the springtime, fruit trees and bushes in the summer, and enough space to have a cow and chickens if we wanted. At this point in my life, it's my biggest dream come true, and I know how much it would mean to Adam to have his grandpa's home, and to keep it in the Craft name. Let's just keep our fingers crossed for now, though. So far, it's still just a dream, until it finally happens :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment