Thursday, February 21, 2019

Henna That Works!

I’m so happy with the henna that I got! The first time I tried using henna back around 2008, it was a powder that I mixed myself and it ended up turning my skin bright orange. I read somewhere that it might do that based on your body chemistry, so I figured that's just what henna does to me and I hadn't messed with it since.

But over the years, I started to wonder if I bought the wrong kind? Maybe that kind was just for hair dying? Or maybe I mixed it up wrong? So when I started seeing pre-mixed henna on the "Wish" app for a great price, I knew I had to try again. The brand was Golecha, and it said it was fast drying, but I didn't realize just how fast it would be. The last time I waited, it took hours. I got the black color just to be on the safe side. I wanted to make sure the color was dark this time.



I snipped off the tip and did a sample on my skin to make sure I didn't have any allergic reactions to it. With me, you never know. I seem to be allergic to the weirdest things. It was DARK!


To my surprise, it only took about 40 minutes before the lines began to start popping up like they were starting to peel all on their own, and it wasn't even a full hour before the whole thing was dry! I peeled off the rest of the dried design and to my surprise and delight, I wasn't orange! Instead, the design was just about as dark as it was when it was wet.


Then, to further test the quality of the product, I tried to scrub some of it off with soap and water, but it still pretty much looked the same and it barely faded at all. I'm VERY pleased with this product, and I can't wait to do a full design!

No comments:

Post a Comment