Thursday, February 28, 2019

My First Self-Made Tattoo

Well... I tried it out. I finally got my tattoo kit from the Wish app, so I learned how to put it all together, and I decided to go ahead and try it out, even though I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I've watched some videos, and I felt pretty confident, but now that I'm actually trying it out, I'm nervous! lol

The first actual tattoo I tried to do is a heart on my own hand. I just hope I went deep enough and that it finally took, because the first few times I tried to do it, it wiped right off. I didn’t go deep enough, so it didn’t take. I did it about 10 times? lol

Beforehand, I used some numbing cream and let it sit on the stop of my hand for about an hour, so that's why I didn't know if I was going deep enough and just couldn't feel it, or if I was just doing it completely wrong. Finally, I had started to feel the pinch of the needle, so I knew I was making progress. So here is the final result! It’s messy, but it’ll be a nice reminder of my first tattoo that I did :-D


I probably won't ever get to do this professionally since the stipulations to get a tattoo licence are ridiculous. I mean, I'm glad they are in place for those who actually go out and get a licence because it makes me feel like these people are absolutely qualified in my state because of all the training they have to do, but if I wanted to try and get one myself, it would be nearly impossible for the town that I live in. You have to have a certain number of years training with a professional tattoo artist, you have to do so many tattoos on people, and as there are no tattoo parlors in our town, I doubt I'd be able to make that happen, and I don't think I'd have the time or money to spend being an apprentice. So for now this is just a fun hobby to try and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment