Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Something More Cheerful...

So I've been feeling more drawn to bright and cheery colors lately. Especially anything holographic or iridescent, or like a rainbow prism. The more light-reflective and colorful it is, the better. I've been looking for a bedset to reflect this mood (haha puns). This is kind of what I've been wanting to find, except this isn't a comforter, which is what I need.


It's actually been very difficult to find a holographic comforter that isn't just a print (like this one) and is actually shiny and reflective. Even though they label it as "holographic", it's just a print. It's not actually shiny.


And some places that I find have holographic blankets, but they're not king size, which is what I'll need. They're just throw-blankets that are a decent size, but they're still about a foot too short. I've also found holographic fabric and holographic shower curtains. I've thought about getting this false blanket and covering it with a shimmery holographic top to give it the right effect, but even these fabrics are too small to fit a king-sized bed seamlessly.



 I've resigned to just finding a very colorful bed set that I want, but when I finally found one that had the right design that I like and the right colors, I can't find it in king size. Apparently the bed set I wanted is only for girls, and little girls don't usually have king-sized beds  X-D


So then I found some holographic sparkly fabric on ebay and I thought - maybe if I get some various colors, I can come up with a neat design and just sew my own blanket? But I don't really know much about sewing yet, and I'd really much rather just order something already made...  :-\


My original plan was to get this bedset, which inspired the whole happy cheerful color mood  lol So maybe if I can't find what I'm looking for, I'll just stick to getting this instead?


Either way, my current bedset is black, gray, and silver, and I'm not feeling all broody and moody like I used to. Or maybe I actually am and that's why the outside of me wants more color in my life? I don't really know at this point. All I know is that I've gone from liking simple black and gray to wanting all sorts of colors. It's a change I've been feeling for a while now, but I just never felt like surrounding myself with it until recently. When I was younger, I didn't really care for rainbows, but now I adore them (and it's not a LGBT thing either lol I'm just clarifying that because that seems to be what everyone relates to rainbows these days, and that's not what I'm feeling. I don't like vaginas  haha)

Anyway, hopefully I'll come up with a solution. I still have some time before I even need to worry about it, but if anyone could point me into the right direction to find what I'm looking for, I'd be so thankful ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment