Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The World is Burning (Dream)

Another short dream.

I dreamed that the world was moving closer to the sun, so everyone was being evacuated. They were trying to get as many people as they could onto spaceships and get them sent off to the moon to live there instead. Why the moon? I have no idea. It makes no sense, but it was dream logic. In reality, the moon would either continue to orbit the Earth and it would burn up as well, or else the Earth would keep moving, and the moon would crash into it once it completed a cycle, if it had stayed on track and and didn't move along with the Earth.

My Mom and Tricity were shipped off right away, and me and Adam were left behind to gather some belongings, and then we could take the next ship out to be with them. We were only allowed to take one bag per person. But do you know how hard it was for me to try and pick and choose what we would take, and what we would leave behind???

You may not know me very well, but I have a LOT of stuff. I'm a very materialistic person. And I had to try and factor in - what would work there and what would be useless (like my computer or any gaming systems). I had to try and think about what clothes we may or may not need based on how cold or warm it would be in our living place. I had to think about what things we might need to keep us occupied in our free time. And of course I couldn't go without our mementos, like our photos and scrapbooks. So you can imagine how full and tight I was stuffing these bags, and I tried to get the biggest bag I could find that I could carry around.

So most of the dream was spent with me going through all of our things, trying to pack as efficiently as I could because all of the rest of our stuff we would be losing forever. And the longer I took, the hotter and hotter the world kept getting. By the time my dream was about over, we were sweating and burning up. I don't know if we ever made it onto the ship because I woke up before that could happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment