Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Doomsday Preppers

I started watching this show on Netflix called "Doomsday Preppers". The people on the show talk about themselves as if the whole word thinks they're crazy, but it has always been something I was interested in doing. Maybe now is the time to get started? After all, the number of people who are becoming peppers is on the rise, so that’s got to be telling you something, as animals and even people can sometimes sense when danger is approaching, so they start preparing themselves for whatever might be possible.

The only thing that keeps me from becoming a prepper is is that I don’t want to leave a bunch of canned goods in a particular location because after so long, the food inside starts tasting like metal. And if I canned my own goods, all it would take is one earthquake or a tornado to break them, or the food inside might go bad if the jars are not properly sealed.

I think we all believe the world might come under a great catastrophe in one way or another. For me, I think it's going to be bombs. Everyone always makes a threat about it, so I worry that one of these days, someone is going to make good on that threat and actually set them off, resulting in mass destruction. The only problem with that is that I know nothing about surviving a bomb or radiation  :-/  The closest I've come to anything like that is when I play Fallout.

Then there's the part of me that gets really carried away and thinks about a zombie apocalypse. I actually feel like I could survive that for a while, if it were ever real (UNLESS the zombies are like the ones on the movie I Am Legend).

I like the show though. People show you what they've done to prepare and what they've got so far, and then the show grades them on a point system based on food, water, shelter, defense, and xfactor (if they have other unique ideas that can add to your survival score) and then gives them some time to make adjustments and then checks back in on them to see how they've improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment