Saturday, March 16, 2019

Thanks For the Memories


Thinking about my Starry Star tonight and feeling anxious about tomorrow. The memorial is just going to make it set in and feel more real, because I still can’t seem to fully accept that it has actually happened... 😞

I'm crying so hard right now, going over the last messages from my best friend. Here’s from Xbox. She was always so loving and goofy, like how she says "slide my dm's in there" instead of saying "slide into your dm's". She always knew how to make me feel special, and was always trying to cheer me up when I was feeling down. I love you too Tahnee. I wish I hadn’t taken the last couple of month for granted. I should have talked to you more and made sure you were doing okay 😞😢


Some of you may have known her as just RequiemStar or Star, or even Epiphany... But for those of you who don't know - you deserve to know. ♥ It still feels unreal, but I'm sad to say that I lost my best friend Tahnee Sunday night. She was everything to me. We have been best friends for 21 years. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think it's safe to say that I knew more about her than anyone else. We shared tears, laughs, and everything in between. Our deepest secrets, our struggles, our victories, weird humor (after all, we had each other listed as partners on Facebook since I can remember her first getting Facebook), we've shared witty banter, debates, ideas, thoughts, dreams, wishes, future plans, and a past full of many great memories... You usually didn't see one of us on without the other. I loved her so much...

For the past 5 years, we talked and played games almost every day, except when her husband James was home, and then she would spend time with him. Sometimes we would drink together and cry about our problems. My daughter always called her Aunt Tahnee, and Tricity would often join us in games because she adored her Aunt Tahnee and is so much like her. Tahnee affectionately gave her the name "Gerald" or "cheesy one" or "Tricicheese" to which Tricity would call her "Tahncheese". She had a lot of nicknames. Tahnee-wan-kenobi, Tiger, Tahn-tijer, RequiemStar, Star, my Starry Star, and so much more.

And her laugh... Her laugh was contagious because no one had a laugh like her "sprinkler" laugh, or as she said James would call it, her "wookie" laugh. Even I could never reproduce it! lol She has also been a light to many of our online friends, often helping to pick them up when they feel down, or to offer advice. Everyone gravitated to her. She had an amazing coy sense of humor and people loved her voice. I always admired how smart she was, and how she was always able to talk me down when I was freaking out about something, and help me feel brave when I felt so small. I don't know what I'm going to do without her, but as she told me before - expect the worst and hope for the best. I don't really know what I'm expected to do without her, so I'll do just that...

I don't know how long this page will be up, but here's her obituary:
https://www.crainsonline.com/obituaries/Tahnee-Farrar-Caselman/

And just in case it ever gets taken down, here is a screenshot of it... You can click on it for a larger view.

No comments:

Post a Comment