Sunday, March 10, 2019

My Crock-Pot Meat Recipe

I hope you guys-

I've been working on cooking this all day since 10:00 this morning. And now here at 10:00 pm, it’s FINALLY done! Yum yum ๐Ÿ˜‹


Here's how I make it:
In a crock pot, I put in the meat that I wanted to cook. In this case, it was a butt roast.

I added just enough water to cover the meat, and turned it on high.

Then I add whatever I want to flavor it. In this case, I chopped up some onion, added some salt, pepper, garlic salt, 4 beef bullion cubes, dried onion flakes and onion powder.

After an hour, I flipped the meat over and left it in there to fully cook. Times will vary depending on how thick your meat is.

After the meat was done, I took the meat out to cool while I added a bag of baby carrots.

I let them cook while I cut up 6 potatoes and then added them to cook as well.

After an hour, I diced up the meat and added it back in and let everything heat back up.

About another hour later, I added a can of cut green beans and a jar of brown gravy.

Another hour after that, I mixed some corn starch with water, just enough to make it runny and not like oobleck.

I added the mix to the pot and stirred for a bit. Then I covered it back up and let it continue cooking until the carrots and potatoes were soft.

The stew was still a bit watery so I just kept adding a little more corn starch with water until it became the thickness that I wanted. You really want to be careful about adding too much or too little. Too much will make it like jelly and it'll be a gloppy mess. Too little will be alright for the stew, but it might take the vegetables even longer to cook. Once it's just right, the pot begins to boil and the vegetables get much softer faster.

And that's pretty much it! It would probably go a lot faster in a pot on the stove, but the meat is just so tender when cooking it all day in a crockpot. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment