Friday, February 14, 2014

Tax Time

Well it's that time of year, when we get our income tax. Though it's not a lot, we at least get SOMETHING back. Last night, we went out to eat at El Torero. It's a nice Mexican restaurant in town that Adam hardly takes us to because it usually costs around $35 to eat there for the three of us, which is way too much compared to other options that we have around here. It COULD be cheaper, but I always have to have the shrimp fajitas when we go. We also picked up a Disney Infinity! We've been wanting one since before it even came out in stores, and since Christmas was scant and scrappy this year, we owed it to ourselves ;-)

Adam is supposed to be getting a new car (or truck?) today. I don't know what he's getting yet... He said he's going right after work to get it, so we won't be with him. I just hope he bases it on price, and not looks! I DO know I'll be outside taping him when it's time to come home, though, so I can share the video about it :-D

Last night, I also ordered a computer, and he ordered a new phone. It's MY phone that broke, so I wanted to get another Nokia Lumia 920 since I LOVE this phone SO MUCH! But he said no... He said that instead, he would get himself a different phone, and I could have his, because he also had a Nokia Lumia 920. Instead, he'll just get a Nokia Lumia 520. A little bit less quality, but he doesn't really use his phone for much anyway. Not like I do! Mine is not only my phone, but it's my address book, birthday keeper, calendar, agenda, notebook, camera, camcorder, computer - everything! I got spoiled with this phone! lol

And I'm SO psyched about my new computer!!! I WANTED to get a PC so that I could have a sort of "work station" here at home to work at for my videos and stuff, but after thinking more about it, I think a laptop would be better. I had a laptop before, and I loved it, but I THOUGHT I would be getting an online job working for a call center. Unfortunately they wouldn't hire me, so that also helped in the decision to just get a laptop. That way, I can take it anywhere in the house and listen to music while doing dishes and stuff like that... PLUS it's a Windows 8 system, with 1 trilobite of storage, AND it's a TOUCH SCREEN! I'm so, so, so super excited :-D :-D :-D I'm really hoping that this gives me more time to work on videos, since I'll be able to take my computer to work again. I know I keep saying I'll get more videos up, and I'll do more of this, and more of that, but I've just not had luck with computers or cameras for the past year. PLEASE let this year go much better! lol

With the rest of our tax money, we need to take Tricity to get her eyes checked. She said she's having trouble seeing at school. I told the teacher, so the nurse tested her, and she said that Tricity is failing the eye exam. I know she'll have to have glasses... It's going to take some getting used to, and while I think it's pretty neat, I also know what a pain glasses can be. When she wears costumes, she'll be stuck having to wear glasses until she's old enough for contacts. When she's dancing around doing her crazy interpretive dances, she'll have to be careful not to send her glasses flying across the room! lol When she's swimming, she'll have to take off her glasses and not be able to see as well... It's kind of like - you think you're okay without glasses when you've never worn them before, but once you get them? You're stuck with them... Otherwise you can't see very well, and it drives you NUTS. Adam said he'll be getting his eyes checked, too. I think he looks so smart with glasses :-D He's never worn them before, but he has tried mine on, and I liked the way he looked in them. I wish I could find the picture to show you! He reminds me of Freud or something :-) So while glasses make a great accessory, they can also be an annoyance... We'll see how it goes. At least SHE is excited about it. She said she wants purple glasses ♥

Anyway, that's pretty much all that's going on for now. I thought I would update my journal since I can't really do any taping. Adam is still using my phone-to-be until his phone comes in hopefully within a week. Once I get my phone back, though, I'll be able to update Instagram more often, too. I was trying to do the whole "pictures of the day" thing, but I'd have to wait for him to get home, and then he sits here huffing and puffing while I'm on his phone, because he wants me to start supper, and it's just a big crabby mess to get into.

Take care, stay warm, and I'll talk to you later!
xoxox
The Multi Mom
~ Candice Craft ~

1 comment:

  1. Isn’t it nice to know that we’re able to claim even just a few amount of our tax? Tax could really get in our sleeves, and I think the tax return somehow repays it. At any rate, it’s nice to know that you were able to make use of your tax money. Thanks for sharing!


    Wanda Hanson @ Tax Tiger

    ReplyDelete