Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Ghostbusters: Afterlife



Today we had to take Tricity to her dentist appointment and me to my chiropractor appointment, so while we were out, we went to go see Ghostbusters: Afterlife. I was NOT disappointed! I certainly did not expect to cry during a part of it, but if you watch it, let me know if you cry too! I don't believe in spoilers, but I will say - that scene with Phoebe and Egon - we all knew it was going to happen, but I got lost in the moment and forgot, so when it caught me off guard, that's why I got teary-eyed.


I don't know how else this movie could have went. It was a perfect sequel for the series (even though I've never seen the one with the women cast). I absolutely loved all the nods to the previous movies! I could have sworn that Phoebe was going to be Jenene's grandaughter though, because she looked just like her only as a kid, but she wasn't. Still pretty cool though.


I also love how it was more like HER story. I figured it would have been about her brother since he was the more famous actor from Stranger Things.


I never recognized her from the previews, but after watching it, I realized that was the same girl who played Rose on Fuller House, and had a part on Handmaid's Tale!



When I went to look up movie images, I saw that the reviews weren't so great, and I can't figure out why. I thought it was good! Or maybe they're just part of that new cancel culture generation who tend to not like anything? Either way, I thought it was really great, and I hope there will be another!

No comments:

Post a Comment