Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Kids Went Crazy For My Deep Fried Chicken!

Tricity styed home sick today. She was running a fever last night, so I gave her some Nyquil and let her sleep in this morning. We thought we were over it because it done made it's rounds once already, but when Devin stayed the night at my Mom's house, they both were sick and he brought it back to us. Now we're going through it all again. I've had it, Adam had it, Tricity has it... Then the girls, Khloe, and probably Devin again!

Anyway, for dinner I made fried chicken. (I keep wanting to type "friend chicken"! *gnaws on naughty fingers*) I haven't made fried chicken in over 10 years! I remember hating it because the breading would always fall off and it just took FOREVER! But now that I'm getting more brave with the deep fryer, and my fried fish was a success, I thought I'd try deep frying the chicken. Maaaaaan... I'm glad i did! The skin was so crispy and the kids just loved it! I couldn't help taking a bite of it before I took a picture! lol They said this is how they want the chicken made from now on.


I also made broccoli with cheese, and mashed potatoes. The potatoes got slightly burnt in the Instapot, but after fixing them up with some butter, cream, sour cream, and salt and pepper, the kids said they actually tasted really good, and they want them like that for Thanksgiving! haha It made me laugh. They weren't wrong though!

No comments:

Post a Comment