Thursday, November 11, 2021

We Got Puppies!

We picked up some pups today! Our friend Ashley posted on Facebook about how she had over 10 of them looking for a home. I saw a short video of them, and they were so adorable ^_^ I asked if we could come and get one, and she told us how to get to her house.

When we went, it was our intention to just get one, right? Maaaaaybe two, depending on how they were. But what happened??? We fell in love. They were all so cuuuute! Some had bright blue eyes, and one (that we ended up taking) had one blue eye. There were two that I definitely had to have, and then Adam picked out two that he wanted as well. So we ended up with 4! All girls, too!

The ride home wasn't so cute. They puked on his coat, on a seat, in the floor, on his dialysis bag. There was puppy puke EVERYWHERE! And one of them even pooped in the floor. We had to give it a good scrubbing when we got home. Luckily we had already cleaned out the shed that we want to use for a dog house, so we stuck them in there while we went to the store to get some extra dog bowls for food and water. All we needed to do was have the kids help move the dog fence around it so the pups could go in or out when they wanted. For now, we just closed the door and they stayed inside the shed (that we now call the dog house).

We were already thinking of names. Adam wanted to name one of them Rowena. He was going to call Annie by that name, but I said no, she is blonde, she has to be Daisy (which is what I thought the name was that Tricity wanted.) I knew Tricity would love her, so I wanted to go with the name she picked (which I later found out was Annie). Well "Daisy" was the one who puked on Tricity's seat in the van, so I told him "See? She's in her seat, she puked in her seat, she has blonde hair like her...It's meant to be!" lol

He said he was also going to name one Angel Eyes and one Blue. I said "Oh, the one with one blue eye would be perfect for Blue! But who the hell is actually going to call the other one Angel Eyes? Angel would be okay, but Angel Eyes in kinda lame." Of course he got offended. (Who doesn't with my blunt non-filter speaking?) He later decided he wanted some other name. Athena was thought of. Then Freya... and then I thought about Tahnee's cats, and how she had one named Loki and one named Lilith. So I suggested Lilith, and he said maybe, and I thought it would be a perfect way to have a part of Tahnee with me! So Lilith, it was!

Then when the kids came home, we acted so casual and cool. I told him beforehand "Hey, when the kids get home, I'm going to act like I have something to do outside. I'm going to go to the shed, and then you wait a few minutes and then tell them I need their help out there. Then they'll open the door and be surprised!" So that's what we did, and as the kids came closer, I could hear them talking. "I don't know, he just said to come out and help her." Then they opened the door, and I wish I had been able to capture the look on their faces! They lit up so bright! The came in and started picking up the puppies and getting their lovin. It was sooooo sweet!

So now, let me present to you our girls: Annie, Blue, Lilith, and Rowena!




No comments:

Post a Comment