Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The Next Plans For Our Homestead

So for now, I've got my little projects I'm been working on like like repainting the house, gardening (like when I planted all the bulbs), animals (taking care of the cats, dogs, quails, rabbits, etc.), but the next step is to expand the home with adding on an additional manufactured home so each kid can have their own room! We originally planned on Devin and Khloe sharing the summer kitchen. We were going to build a wall between the two sections and fix it up, but plans have changed since then.

Now they want to be in the main house, and I don't blame them! They don't want to have to walk across the snow in the winter just to come over and have dinner. I don't want that for them either. They also want to have access to all the cats, and I agree. I don't want to do without Junko. He's a sweet big boy! So now we're keeping an eye out for a cheap mobile home that we can move out here and connect to the main house. Then the room that connects the two will be a sun room for the cats, and I'll build little structures on the walls for them to climb and hang out. There will be a little seat hanging from in front of the window that they can jump into and soak up the sun.

Then since every trailer comes with a living room and a kitchen, I was thinking of maybe turning the living room into a gaming room, and the kitchen into a gym? All we need is at least 2 bedrooms. If it's 3 bedrooms, maybe we can put Allison or Jazmin in that room, or turn it into a spare bedroom for when someone comes to visit? (To be honest, it would probably be a room for one of the girls so that as they get older, they will have their own space, instead of it being a spare room that sits there for months unused.)

So it would look maybe something like this?

As for the summer kitchen, it would be great to turn that into my studio! I could record stuff out there, and it could be a huge craft room for me and the kids, and a gardening space as well! We could keep all that stuff out there so if we wanted to go paint and get messy, we could make a mess without worrying about destroying the main house.

Next year, I still have projects I want to work on as well, such as building a deck for a pool, a firepit sitting area, the remembrance gardens, the vegetable garden, the animal pens, the bus stop for all the kids in our area, and the playground. It's going to take time and money. Money is the biggest problem... but I sure can't wait to fix up this homestead and shape it into the home we always dreamed of!

Then it should be more like this:

And yes, that includes a bus stop for the kids in our area. All the kids catch the bus here at the end of our property, and so will Jazmin for the next 12 years, so I think a place for them to sit and be sheltered would be nice for me to do Smiling face with smiling eyes We plan on having a cow, pig, chickens, maybe a goat or 2, and some other variety of livestock. Then there's going to be the huge garden where we will try our hand at growing everything, even if it doesn't turn out right. At least we'll try. I definitely must have a fruit orchard, which may take a few years to grow fruit, but at least it'll be there. Then there's the dog run for all our pups Adam wants to have. The playground will be for the swingset, trampoline, and any other play stuff. I'd like to build a deck out on the creek so we can just sit and enjoy the sounds of the water if we want to. The remembrance gardens will have one area for family and friends, and one for pets. Then in-between those, I'd like to eventually have a gazebo. Then there's the deck extension that wraps around the house to the pool, and the fire pit area, and a turtle pond will be right by it. Those are just some basic plans anyway. I've always dreamed big. Now let's home I can come up with the funds to make those dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment